2.1 Channel setup discussion with photos!

The Focals are active monitors and I think they were retired in 2015-ish.

https://www.focal.com/us/cms-50

2 Likes

Update of my 2.1 setup!

13 Likes

Just arrived first A/B class 2.1 channel receiver 100w per channel, I have in for review with my 2.1 channel setup from Cambridge Audio, Schiit Vidar is incoming for comparison thanks to @TylersEclectic for selling me one for my system! Let the 2.1 channel speaker, amp, pre-amp and subwoofer reviews begin! Just posted over at what’s in the box too :wink:

10 Likes

Comparing the Cambridge vs the Vidar which is now in play! The Vidar is very dynamic and I am really enjoying it for my first impressions!

7 Likes

@TylersEclectic joined the KEF familigia post up some shots buddy!

1 Like

13 Likes

Beautiful :star_struck: @TylersEclectic

2 Likes

I am sensing a KEF mafia developing…

5 Likes

Great pictures! Especially the third, If I’d be forced to decide

4 Likes

Pulled them out about 1m from wall and pulled the port plugs… bass is more full and imaging/stage are better… but wife “Spidey sense” went off and came downstairs to tell me to put them back lol

10 Likes

That’s cool. I understand that you have an AR1a turntable somewhere with a Shure V-15 type III (Improved) cart and nearly new unobtanium Shibata super-elliptical stylus for it somewhere near your KEFs. So that you can spin vinyl.

5 Likes

Mine are on the way. Will be driving with a Mytek Brooklyn Amp+.

1 Like

Update photo with the Pendant in the chain now as a preamp!

8 Likes

Got some shots of the Naim Uniti Nova I have on loan…

10 Likes

How much time elapsed between the first and second photos? I ask because the Glenfiddich seems to be evaporating. Does the Naim run hot?

(Or did you quaff so much that you forgot to take the second photo fully in color? :wink:)

(I know, the whisky level’s the same, it’s just that it looks like it’s gone down in the B&W photo - and great photos btw!)

2 Likes

I wish I was drinking it during the shoot ha! But I had errands to run after wards… :frowning:

This is not how I have these setup, and was staged lol… The behind the scenes is funny in photography ha!

4 Likes

I was about to ask where I can score these cables :upside_down_face:.

2 Likes

Behind the scenes! @bpcarb Well the cables were plugged in :wink: it’s all about the angle lol! I like to listen while I work ha!

4 Likes

Shooting for a review, or for fun?

(iPad typos ftl)

1 Like

Cool and duly noted! Dem angles!

1 Like