Audeze LCD-1 - Official Thread

Audeze has introduced its newest offering in the LCD line, the LCD-1. Audeze has placed the new LCD-1 in their Reference category of the LCD line. Targeted for mastering, these headphones have an ultra low impedance of 16 ohms. Priced at $399 USD appear to be a direct competitor to Sennheiser HD6**, and Beyerdynamic’s DT1990.

2 Likes

I may just pick up a pair out of curiosity. :thinking:

I’m definitely keeping an eye on this one. Hoping for a closed back version as well.

7 Likes

I’m really tempted to order a pair. At $399 for a planar made in the USA… Very tempted.

It looks like they just made the Mobius open back and called it the LCD 1? I’m positive there is more to it but that is my initial take based on looks and size…still need to research this…

3 Likes

I think it uses the same single-sided magnet structure and the same diaphragm tech. Other than going open back, the big difference is the removal of all the electronics.

I stand corrected. Diaphragm size and potentially magnet structure are different from Mobius.

4 Likes

I think it may be different. It’s a smaller diaphragm, and very low impedance (product page state 16 ohm, I watched a video earlier of an Audeze rep stating 13.5 ohm). Metal571’s review is very favorable.

3 Likes

I’m hoping for an ANC version along with… I’m hopeful it will happen. They seem so close to my ideal travel headphone

1 Like

It’s definitely a possibility, though I think this iteration is more of a ‘jr.’ LCD-X. Audeze categorized it in their “Reference” section of LCD products. I really think their going after the studio reference Sennheiser (6**) , AKG (7**), and Beyerdynamic (DT1990/1770).

ANC (and possibly combined with Bluetooth) would be the next logical step as they’ve already added a few gaming headphones.

2 Likes

@andrew is at AES in New York right now and reported back on the LCD-1 .

“ LCD-1 sounds amazing btw”

Direct quote. Hoping for some more details down the line but a decent endorsement nonetheless!

3 Likes

Man…that metal guy, is totally biting your style! You guys even have a similar cadence and talking style! @Resolve:smirk::wink:

*I’m joking of course, I’m referring to a chain of comments on one of Resolves YouTube reviews involving metal571 it was friendly so don’t anyone get any ideas!

4 Likes

Now I’m really interested. :thinking:

haha hopefully we can collaborate on something. A podcast where you can’t tell the voices apart!

5 Likes

I have three go-to youtube reviewers: Zeos, Joshua Valour, and @Resolve. They’re very different in style, and I respect all of their opinions. I also respect Metal’s reviews, though his chuckles throw me off. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, I commented on Joshua velours channel he should join this community as a lot of the members are nearby to him (Seattle area).

3 Likes

I’m sure if he joined he would have greater access to products for review, seeing as how good this community is with loaners/meet ups.

3 Likes

Yeah, that is how I commented…but who knows lol, but I agree, I like his and Resolves reviews. Zeos has fallen off my watch list and to be honest I barely watch YouTube for headphones anymore…mostly watching camera, and post editing vids. Plus EDC, backpack reviews.

2 Likes

Haha, agreed. I think his, cough-cough, ‘following’ count has affected his work. Maybe I’ll drop a comment on Josh’s channel.

1 Like

so I´m very interested in a LCD-1 vs DT 1990s vs Senheiser 6line vs Monoprice 570/1070/1570 video or read
still thinking about selling my DT1990(ordered last week dekoni elite velour pads) and 660s

here the same …
for music/audio:
Rick Beato, Resolves reviews, metal, max settings, oluvs gadgets, bert reviews, currawong, innerfidelity, headkarma, dms, john darko, steve guttenberg, ps audio, zeos just for fun from time to time(honestly all of them everytime), anadialog, joshua valour, this angry iem guy in japan, dbs, samma3a, the next best thing studio, william murdock, seltzertronics, steph from Major hifi is great and some others like german ones - but far less time is invested in youtube hifi stuff the last weeks

EDC, bushcraft, urbex and knifes - came back somehow more and more

photography and drone related channels like thomas heaton, analog insights, nick carver, dpreview and many many others @TylersEclectic -any recs for channels?

by the way…
we follow(from germany) james corden, jimmy fallon, jimmy kimmel, stephen colbert and even your news channels msnbc, cnn and fox(not funny) - to stay up to date :wink:

4 Likes

I’m a fan of a lot of Peter McKinnons early stuff, piximperfect is good for adobe editing guides and tricks, the modern rogue is a fun all in one “dude” channel, triple j is an awesome live music channel from Australia that does the like a version series, also recently found Gerald undone he does some amazing explanation videos for photography and gear. Jeremysiers is another one that kind of hits all my favorites in one go minus headphones.

If I ever did YouTube I would probably be like Jeremy Siers channel mixed with more of my preferences. I’m not doing YouTube… might dip my toes into Instagram…but that also isn’t my thing at the moment…but who knows maybe I just need to do it and see what happens lol

3 Likes