Audeze LCD-1 - Official Thread

Yes try it.
I used my insta for photo jobs but after may 2018, a lot has changed in europe- data safety wise. So I deleted our homepage+Facebook and changed the photo-business insta in a private status.
Less hassle

I will have a look into the channels
I know Peter McKinnon but the rest was new to me.
He got a bit strange over the time.

3 Likes

Pre-order from Headphones.com is up.

8 Likes

oratory1990 has measurements of this now - https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index.

5 Likes

I received these last night and some initial thoughts after a night with them and doing some comparison with the LCD-X.

Overall these are just enjoyable to listen to, theyā€™re more neutral than what Iā€™ve come to expect from Audeze and while they take away a little of that Audeze bass, the non-recessed treble makes up for it. They are light and comfortable.

Sound-wise:
Treble/Highs: Well, Audeze got some good focus there. Much more presenceā€¦ better than the LCD-X here IMO.
Bass: Not as powerful as the typical LCDā€¦ not bad but not as prominent as the other LCD.

They donā€™t sound as big as the other LCDs but theyā€™re not so, makes sense. Honestly found myself going back to them and staying for a while from the LCD-Xā€¦ (which are/were my second favorite Audezes). Need to give it time before I drop my side piece for another but this could get interesting.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Iā€™ve kinda said it a couple times or more but the phrase ā€œenjoyable to listen toā€ is the simple way I can describe my experience, nothing overstated or understated in the presentation.

To be fair this is only after maybe a couple hours of distracted listening after a long day so I could have a different thought later.

5 Likes

Though I love them, the recessed midā€™s have always been my one complaint of the Xā€™s. Glad to hear youā€™re thoughts on the 1ā€™s.
ā€œside pieceā€. :laughing:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just getting a chance to evaluate these now, and I gotta say this is one of Audezeā€™s most unique products. Itā€™s totally different from the rest of their lineup in so many ways - everything from comfort and weight, to the sound signature.

Right now I think it comes down to this or the HiFiMAN Sundara, for the price bracket. At the moment this may have better treble extension above 10khz, but the Sundara probably wins for the rest of the frequency range. Then again, the LCD-1 is also way more portable - and it has cup swivel (I still canā€™t understand why they didnā€™t try doing that with the Sundara).

6 Likes

Yep. The problem with listening to the Sundara is you have to put it on your head.

6 Likes

haha so true. I think after a while I got used to it, but still not okay.

1 Like

LCD-1 Reveal+ (Free) preset imported into EqualizerAPO and graphed using the Configurator. Itā€™s a must-try if youā€™re already using APO, because this is the first Reveal preset that I can completely vouch for, fixing all the FR flaws the thing has, and it EQs damn well. I had nothing to do with the creation of this, but it looks like the Audeze engineers came up with a very similar setting in the mids and treble as I did by ear. This graph also essentially admits the sub bass rolloff present in their graphs. Note that the Y axis is on a 1 dB scale. Why canā€™t all manufacturers admit their physical tunings arenā€™t perfect and provide corrective EQ preset suggestions?

7 Likes

Nobody likes to admit their shortcomings, especially manufacturers.

However, Iā€™ll admit to being a real d**k sometimes. :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s so strange. I didnā€™t have any comfort issues with those things (Sundara), and generally I hate when headphones are missing a hinge. At least itā€™s not an AD900Xā€¦ouch.

2 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to buy one actually. It wasnā€™t so bad after I got used to not being able to swivel the cups.

3 Likes

Have you heard Verum One? Iā€™m always surprised how rarely they get mentioned in this planar low price bracket. I personally prefer them over Sundara in sound, build, and comfort.

5 Likes

I theoretically have one coming, but itā€™s been 2 months since I ordered it and nearly a month since it supposedly shipped. Iā€™m looking forward to trying it if it ever gets here!

Do you prefer it with the stock or the perforated pads?

2 Likes

The Lissimores have a Verum 1 Iā€™m sure @Resolve could give it a listen.

From my understanding, there were some hit and misses depending on the batchā€¦ which caused them to fall out of favor quickly.

2 Likes

Emphasis mine ā€¦

That does not say much for the Sundara ā€¦ unless weā€™re just talking about solidity.

The Verum 1 unit I saw/heard looked rather agricultural; solid ā€¦ but with the sort of precision that comes from tinkering things together in the shed.

2 Likes

That is the same one the Lissimoreā€™s have :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I have tried them actually, thanks to @TylersEclectic. I can see the appeal, fairly spacious, open, but theyā€™re a bit warm for my taste.

2 Likes

Had it running today at a local shop

The first "normalā€™ Audeze- really nice indeed for build

The real leather will get hot on the ears
I had no real airy experiance as I hoped - not that I am in the market for it

4 Likes

First ā€œnormalā€ Audeze is exactly how I was planning on referring to it in my upcoming review. Great description.

5 Likes