Best implementation of Product Reviews?

I’m going to disagree here and say that your example is what I would call “impressions” and I would personally choose to leave those in the main official headphone thread. Going back to what I said earlier in this thread: “It doesn’t have to be super technical, but there should be some critical thought into understanding why the sound signature sounds “good” or “bad” to you. That really might be what distinguishes a “review” vs an “impression” to me. For me, impressions are more like bullet points of thoughts. You just say stuff like “this headphone has a really nice bass response that works well with electronic music”. Those types of comments are great for getting a feel of a headphone and whether or not to even consider it. But a full review helps me actually understand the details of the headphone and what it is doing such that it sounds a certain way.”

Let me break this apart why this falls into an “impresion” vs a “review” for me:

What are the materials that make it feel solid to you? Some people only think metal feels solid and that anything plastic feels cheap. Some people think good, scratch resistant plastic feels better made than metal that dents and is too rigid. Think old school plastic Samsung phones vs metal iPhones here. There are arguments for both sides.

Lightweight compared to what? Lighter than HD650 or lighter compared to LCD-3? Does the initially strong clamp make it painful or is it tight but snug and gives a nice seal (e.g. LCD2C)?

Why is the mid-range “amazing”? Is it because of the timbre? It is because it is on the warm side? Is it because vocals are very forward?

There is nothing wrong with your example and I am not trying to pick on you. That is exactly what I expect “impressions” to be. Those are the types of thoughts one could get from a headphone from listening to them for 10 minutes at meet. And those are the types of thoughts I would enjoy seeing in the official headphone threads. I think of it this way. If I am going into the official thread for a headphone I am curious about and haven’t heard myself, I want to see the general opinion on it and see what it is generally about. Those impressions you listed are perfect. That way I could quickly tell if it fits with what I am looking for. If I want a light, mid-focused headphone that would do well with acoustic music it sounds like from your description this is a headphone worth investigating more and doing some research on. And because I know you, I am assuming you were describing HD600, which all of your impressions sound dead on with how I hear it.

So from there, that is when I would start going to the separate “review” repository for HD600 and start digging in to learn more about the finer details and get a better sense of if this headphone really would be the best purchase for me. As an example, I posted the following Campfire Audio Cascade review in the official thread for now until a separate “review” repository is made. I only had the Cascade for about 6 days so maybe 15-20 hours of head time, and this is sort of the minimum of what I would personally write for a full review; my other reviews might be 2 times as long. But this is the type of detail I would expect to see from a full “review”:

https://forum.headphone.com/t/campfire-audio-cascade-closed-back-headphones-official-thread/59/18?u=i_want_all_the_tacos

I admit this is just my pesonal opinion of how I like to see separations between impressions and reviews, and I have no idea if this makes sense and works for others. If I am totally off base and people have better ideas than I am fully open to those too. But at least for me, that is sort of how I am used to approaching new gear and the methods I have used for learning about gear in this hobby.