Dan Clark Audio: Hel Yeah Bundle (Deal)

If this been posted already, I apologize.

Seems like a good deal.

5 Likes

That is a great deal! I love the hell out of my Hel :wink: I used it in the live show on Saturday with the LCD-GX…

3 Likes

This the first Aeon, right? They’re probably getting rid of old stock.

Looks like a good deal nonetheless.

3 Likes

@TylersEclectic how do you think the Antlion Audio 3.5mm ModMic Uni Would work with the Aeon2C, from that bundle?

1 Like

Probably just fine…people swear by them…I personally have no experience with them though

1 Like

This is a good deal, but not a fantastic deal. The Drop AOX are going for $500, so you save around $50 to $100 street price with the $650 bundle.

I have the original AEON Flow Closed, and still like them for an uncanny open-like tone in closed headphones. They have gentleness vs. dynamic driver headphones. I demoed the original AFO, but found the bass was far too warm and fuzzy for my taste.

2 Likes

I just got aeon 2 closed last week and I used to own the first generation closed version. This tweak they made for the second gen makes a huge difference that it’s totally a new product. The details are insane in this new one.

You can clearly see there is very little blocking on the diaphragms by the magnets. These magnets seems to be even more sparse than those on my he1000v2. They should have started their headphones this way.

Not sure if the deal for aeon 2 is still there, but I got them with 15% off and I highly recommend them.

3 Likes

They are my favorite closed headphone I have heard too! I may build a similar setup with MiC and Schiit Hel, although it sounds like I could get by with just the Mic as I have other amps just no adjust for mic Gain.

I still don’t have any planars but checking some FR graphs I found that the overall tone of this AOC(2) is close to my SRH1540. Shure is actually darker but can be easily EQ’ed. The portability of AOC2 is certainly a plus.

I may reconsider if they get to the $3XX ballpark though. Still “getting blood from stones” with my Sennheisers. :innocent:

Aeon2 Open or Closed are brand new, the best price is likely around 15% off retail unless maybe you get them used.

2 Likes

Or unless you mug someone in a dark alley. Good luck!

3 Likes

lol that’s what I was thinking too!

1 Like