Do your ears ring?

That’s great! It took me about six weeks of two capsules per day, but it seems to be working for me too. Hope it keeps up!

In case anyone’s missed it. Hope this makes progress.

https://www.neuromoddevices.com/

2 Likes

Mine started this year just a few months ago. I can’t say for sure the cause of it. One hypothesis is when I was listening to my m1060c and tried out taking the cups off. I could only listen to them for maybe 30 minutes before it was relatively uncomfortable. This last time I actually noticed a 1 out of 10 dull pain in my ears so I stopped. It wasn’t probably a couple of weeks later I noticed a ringing in my ears. It was scary at first as it seemed quite loud. I started to read about it and how the anxiety it can cause. Fortunately, it’s subdued from what It was at first. I can now only hear it when I wear my Focal Celstee (I just today read of the pressure phenomenon), if I wear my AirPods pro’s, or sit in complete quiet. Have an audiologist schedule for a couple of months out. Hope they can help!

I’ve had tinnitus for a long time and it’s now just the new normal. Most of the time I don’t notice it

Perhaps easier said than done but the less emotional energy you create over it the less dramatic the whole situation becomes.

3 Likes

I hate that this is becoming my reality too but agree with you, the less you fret over it the less it bothers you. Also, getting checked out by an ENT to make sure there’s not some underlying issue that is causing it.

3 Likes

Same here Nick. Mine has been around since the late 60’s. Been to so many otolaryngologists and neurologists in the US. No vitamins, no special voodoo will remove the noise we have. Its the way it is until some research can identify why and correct it. But its not going to occur in my lifetime.

3 Likes

Physically damaged nerves and audio receptors are damaged forever. Treatment can work for some, but not for all or not completely.

Human arms and legs don’t grow back after they are cut off either.

:frowning:

4 Likes

I found out (the hard way) that my own tinnitus can be induced if I play special frequency tones. :man_facepalming:

Nevertheless, I tend to ignore these constant 9-11kHz tones ringing in my ears all day long, specially during the non self-sabotaging hours.

I had a revelation today.

Floaters are tinnitus of the eye.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Thanks for posting the article.

The trial sounds promising. I hesitate to criticize a clinical trial without being an expert in the field and without being familiar with the methodology - especially when I’m reading about it second hand, in an article like this one - but I do wonder about placebo effects and expectation biases in the results being reported. Did anyone receive this treatment without zapping themselves, or without knowing if the electrical stimulation was the right kind of stimulation?

Many of us who suffer from tinnitus would love nothing more than to find a way to make it less intrusive. I’d love it if this new treatment were to work, though. And my skepticism won’t keep me from trying it–if an ENT recommends it.

I’m coming to terms with having tinnitus. It’s a nuisance that stress makes the tinnitus worse, that listening to music helps me manage stress, but that tinnitus gets in the way of enjoying music… But the more I worry and fuss over it, the more apparent it becomes.

Still, I’ve adjusted to its presence such that I can continue to enjoy music and our hobby. I’m conscious of the fact that the tinnitus will only get worse as my hearing declines. I try my best to keep the volume turned down as low as I can. I’m delighted with my recent purchase of a SW51+ amp as its lovely midrange emphasis and other qualities encourage me to listen at lower volumes. In the end, I figure it’s best to enjoy the music as much as I can while I can, and to that end, and perhaps perversely, I’ve justified some recent splurges on better gear.

6 Likes

I recently learned eye floaters are actually just shadows from nerves.

1 Like

There’s a long running podcast that talks about tinnitus called Tinnitus Talk

1 Like

Not true. Nerves can repair, regrow and heal over time depending upon the level of trauma. Although, centrally located structure are less likely to do so, for now anyways. Just thought Id add that clarification as its an often misunderstood notion. Im sure you were just referring to auditory processing structures, though. Back on topic.

4 Likes

Yeah, I realized my error. You are right.

2 Likes

Same. I have it only in my right ear, and I only consciously hear it when it’s very quiet or I’m very tired (I think my tired brain is less apt at blocking it out?). Late at night when I’m lying on my couch watching tv and my right ear is close to the pillow/cushions is when it tends to aggravate me the most. The rest of the time my brain is pretty good at just adjusting the baseline of what it considers “silence”.

If only I could go back in time and tell my younger self to wear earplugs at nightclubs.

4 Likes

I have an asymmetric loss and more severe tinnitus in my left ear. I recently picked up a copy of the book Rock Steady, Healing Vertigo or Tinnitus with Neuroplasticity. I’m only about 30 pages in so I have nothing yet to report. But given what my audiologist told me about my condition, I have nothing to lose by reading a book on an alternative approach. And, yes, I have the SR1a’s and The Schiit!

3 Likes

Not really

What causes floaters?

Floaters usually happen because of normal changes in your eyes. As you age, tiny strands of your vitreous (the gel-like fluid that fills your eye) stick together and cast shadows on your retina (the light-sensitive layer of tissue at the back of the eye). Those shadows appear as floaters.

Yep I have floaters even after cataracts surgery
Of course this has zero to do with Ears Ringing :wink:

3 Likes

Another interesting treatment that is making some progress is frequencytx.com.

1 Like

I have really bad tinnitus. I don’t really know what it’s from. I had it at a young age because I use to lay in bed at light and listen to the crickets… now I realize that there was never any crickets…

7 Likes

I know what you mean. One part of my tinnitus symphony sounds exactly like crickets.

Usually I don’t hear just them though. They mix with hiss and sine wave tones.