General purchase advice: Ask your questions/for advice here!

I was leaning toward the A90 for its purported synergy with the Aeon Noire, its low heat cabinet and the somewhat minor advantage of a front panel power switch, but after reading some buyer reviews on Amazon and on the official thread here, I’m having some doubts, echoing those of you who’ve suggested Schiit will provide better customer support. Some users claim a malfunctioning Topping amp fried their headphones, that sounds scary?! The Jotunheim supposedly doesn’t get really hot like the Asgard. Even if the unit is too small for my cat to sleep on, she will be drawn to laying her paws on it, shedding fur across the top grill vents (she also likes to chew strings and laces, and perhaps will go for a fabric-sheathed headphone cable dangling about… that’s another thing, I’m gonna need to get a longer cable as 3m or 10ft barely reaches to my bed where I like to listen). I also like that the Jot has a front pilot light where the Asgard doesn’t; it’s good to be able to glance over at my equipment when I’m in bed to see if I forgot to power down, w/o a pilot light I’d never be sure unless I get up and check the switch on back. Minor details like this seem important to me…

3 Likes