Great USB DAC for computer use

I need a small desktop DAC. What do you think of the D70 so far? My only concern with Topping and SMSL is QC.

Where is Soekris based at? I didn’t notice the warranty and service info. What’s the warranty period?

They have a US distributor/dealer (Modhouse Audio) but the company is based in Denmark.

I dealt directly with Soren in Denmark prior to them having a US presence and both communication and getting hardware shipped was always smooth and easy.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll send them an email. It seems so many companies no longer have phone support. Tend to like to have both personally.

The qc on the Topping is fantastic. The fit and finish are as good or better than any hi end piece of equipment. I will be posting pictures of my unit soon.
Subjective impressions: I have listened about 14 hours. My first generation MDR-R10 have never sounded better. The Grados sounds great. The L3000 and W2002 sound like well high end Audio Tecnica. My Focal is coming tomorrow warranty i believe is 90 fay replacement and 1 year parts and labor
Not bad for less than $600

2 Likes

The Topping stuff I have had my hands on (a fair bit of it) on has been nicely finished (excepting the occasional occurrence of “random font syndrome”), and certainly better than is typical for the price … but to put it in the same realm as “any hi end piece of equipment” just says you’ve not been around much high-end hardware.

QC is about typical. If you’d been an early DX3 Pro adopter you’d likely have a rather different opinion …

7 Likes