HEDD Audio HEDDphone - Official Thread

Thank you @ProfFalkin for this clarification.

Ahh the Bifrost 2… it was tough deciding btwn it and the rme adi-2 dac, i went with the rme mainly because of its robust software and the retro visualization. But i admit the bifrost 2 is still at the back or my mind :man_facepalming:t2: maybe if I can find one cheap on the pre-loved market lol

@lost33 ill borrow a friend’s balanced audeze cable later and will add an edit of my findings here

@astr0n0m1nus thanks! glad to help :beers:

Edit -

Its wired exactly the same. Hmm either the poster on head-fi is mistaken about the heddphone having a different wiring schematics or customcans made a mistake with my order :crazy_face: hmm hedd’s official balanced xlr cables are for sale now on one german site, but I’m sure the microphonics is just as terrible as on the stock cable. There’s another custom cable site, corpsecable thats offering balanced cable specifically for the heddphones. hmm ill just wait till there’s more information regarding this matter.

3 Likes

Thanks!!

Going to order a balanced cable soon.

Alex

1 Like

Nice! Lavricables here has the prettiest braid for the heddphone, Corpsecable here offers some more options to either go with mogami or cardas (gravedigger option) cables. Hedd Audio here has the official balanced xlr cable.
There’s another german site that’s not coming up in the search on my phone…

1 Like

I haven’t been here for a while because I’ve been busy with work and also because I’ve mainly been listening via speakers since Covid-19 so my Hp hasn’t had much head time since then unfortunately. But I wanted to address the hot head point that some of you are dealing with. I might have posted it before but I have a suggestion that is totally reversable and is transferable to all your other headphones even if you do not have a hot head point with them.

I actually bought this pad to use with my original Abyss, which to me has more of a hot head point than the Hp. Since I did not remove the sticky cover, I just place under the headband and transfer it from headphone to headphone. I even use it with the HD800, which are totally comfortable as they are but this makes it even more comfortable still.

5 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cables - 3rd Party/Upgrades & Recommendations

Where could these pads be purchased from?

1 Like

Listening to Aaron Copelands, Fanfare for Common Man…Holy Cow…!!!

Never have I heard this so GOOD than with these HEDDS…

Absolutley phenomenal!!

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

These sound pretty interesting. Not sure about the weight and fit.

What’s the general consensus about the HEDD vs. Stax phones? I’ve always held Stax as the standard for high end headphones. The issue with Stax is a proper amp to drive them is cost prohibitive.

2 Likes

The issue with the Stax is cost period for most of us.

There have been some comparisons of Hedds with Stax, and several other TOTL headphones. For me its right up there with many TOTL cans costing 2x amd more that the HEDDS. Which can be had for a lot less than $1899.

Weight, yes they are heavy 718gms, just under the LCD4. The fit with the second gen headband has a few more extensions to better fit more head shapes.

For me they are perfectly comfortable, weight is felt, but the headband takes up most of the weight if properly worn…have used these for 4+ hours at a time.

With my Focal Clears and other great headphones these have become my go to headphones…they are that great IMO…and for the price of admission its a total deal.

Alex

3 Likes

Well, that’s pretty high praise indeed. Do you now prefer these to the Focal Clear?

1 Like

If I had to choose between the two it would be the HEDDS.

But I still like the Clears very, very much…excellent headphone. Soundstage is not as wide and missing that euphonic presentation…

I still find them an excellent dynamic headphone and will keep mine for a long time.

You have to hear both for yourself to understand…

Alex

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Since I live in Hong Kong there are shops that sell more pads than I ever thought existed. But I remember seeing the same pads online too. Here is one of them that is similar to mine but not exactly the same and there are many vendors selling this same pad. The key is that it be a double band so that the pressure is spread out to the two thinner bands instead of a single one.

You will not regret it, or rather your head will not regret it. Like I said, I did not peel off the paper attached to the adhesive so I transfer it from headphone to headphone to use it on all of them. It even makes the most comfortable headphone even more comfortable.

Good luck!

3 Likes

@Rayzilla Many thanks for sharing this information.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. And let me know if I steered you in the right or wrong direction. But at least it’s low risk financially and totally reversable if you keep the paper attached to the adhesive.

Oh… And just remember that you have it on your head after you take off the Hp. There have been a couple of occasions where I didn’t know it was still on my head when I went to talk with my wife. She already thinks that I look goofy with all of my headphones, so you can imagine what she thought when I had nothing but that pad on the top of my head. LOL

Regarding portable cases, I have one of those Hippo cases that is very portable but the cable has to be removed and it’s a pretty tight/snug fit but it does the job. Nothing at all like the Pelican cases though. I’ll post some pics up later.

I have ordered the headband pad and will surely share my experiences once I receive the same.

Thank you :+1:for the tip on checking for the pad on the head once the HP are off. :grin: and for the suggestion on the Hippo case. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

3 Likes

Ok another make you smile BIG experience:

Way back when CDs were first coming out there were several folks making the best DDD cds they could.

Hard to find stuff now in the original cd format but I have tons of these…one this am is:

Discogs

Flim & The BB’s - Big Notes

Label: DMP - CD-454 • Format: CD Album • Country: US • Genre: Jazz • Style: Smooth Jazz, Fusion, Easy Listening

The selection is BIG NOTES…crank this puppy up and be prepared for a dynamic explosion of drums etc…holy crap amazing…

The HEDDS have no problem reproducing the stattaco drum hits superbly…

Alex

5 Likes

Found this…pretty similar curve:

2 Likes

Sorry about the delay. This is the Hippocase I mentioned the other day. That’s the FiiO M5 for scale.

5 Likes

4 Likes