Hiby R5 & R5 Saber

I’m curious if it can power full-sized HD600 on its own without a companion amp.

It has more than enough raw power capability to drive the HD600 up to 117 dB/SPL in balanced output mode. And unless it is unusually limited in its voltage swing (you need about 4V P-P ie for the above SPL) it should be fine there too.

3 Likes

Thanks. I guess I’ll need a balanced 4.4mm cable. I have already invested in 2.5mm cables for some of my other portable DAC/Amps. Unless somebody makes a 2.5mm->4.4mm adapter.

1 Like

You can get such adapters on Amazon for about $20 or so.

2 Likes

Hiby promotions on some sites include a 2.5 to 4.4 adapter as part of the initial release sale.

2 Likes

I wonder if the ZMF Auteur and/or Aeolus are easier to power than the HD 600/650/6xx
both balanced out of the ifi xDSD or the Hiby R5 for example

The sensitivity on the Aelous and Auteur is lower than the Sennheisers, so they ZMF models will require a bit more power to drive.

The xDSD shouldn’t have a problem with any of them (will push them to 116-117 dB/SPL if needed). The R5 has enough raw power, but the available voltage swing hasn’t been published so it’s hard to say exactly where it’s limits are.

1 Like

thank you!

is it correct, that the xDSD has a max. 3,6 voltage swing? or did I mix up something?

3.8v is where it caps out. And into 300 ohms it can push 48 mW.

That’ll get you to 116 dB/SPL on the Aelous, 114 dB/SPL on the Auteur and 117 dB/SPL on the Sennheisers.

3 Likes

wow thank you so much! I bookmarked your answer

1 Like

Please help!! I just ordered a second Hiby R5 from Amazon assuming the first one was defective but having identical problem on both. Every time it’s playing a song via Bluetooth, if I tough the top inch of the screen or from the back with any slight pressure, three music starts to stutter and get very staticy while playing until I stop applying pressure on the top portion. I love this player is I can make that stop happening. Any suggestions please?!

1 Like

Hello and welcome @PM_Patel. Sorry I cant help out with your problem. It seems a very strange situation. I hope you get it sorted soon.

hi Parag

I would contact first the HiBy support and please report us back here

2 Likes

I’ve had an r5 for about a month and I’m having a lot if trouble using hiby link with my galaxy s9. Sometimes they wont connect at all until I restart the r5. When they do connect the connection usually drops as soon as I select a song. I tried running the fiio player on both devices and the same thing happens using fiio link, although it will reconnect if I go into the settings, then drop again as soon as I select a song. (The song plays). I’ve tried clearing the cache partition on the phone, resetting the network settings on both devices. Re-installing the player on my phone. Nuthin. Any ideas or advice? Anyone had similar issues?

1 Like

Hello and welcome @artyarar.

Hi and welcome!

I sold the R5 recently so I can’t test anything out for you. I know using the HibyLink and some of the other links, on other DAPs, that you had to sometimes reconnect the BT because it changes the BT operation mode. It’s kind of annoying. Not sure if that was resolved to be more seamless or not.

Looks like the R5 is on sale now for $299

Not sure how good really is since only have 3 stars, but looks like a good discount on Amazon.

2 Likes

I didn’t see a hiby brand thread so I am asking here:

Anyone know when the r6 2020 version will be more generally available?

(Read this as available to purchase from somewhere with a good return policy)

MusicTeck is, i think, the only hiby dealer in the US outside of the stuff Hiby sells on amazon. They carry the 2020 versions in stock.