Hifiman Arya - Official Thread

Here are some measurements of the HiFiMAN Arya relative to a number of target curves. I mentioned this in the Utopia thread as well.

Here’s the Arya compared to the Harman over-ear 2018 target. So it has quite a bit less bass than the target asks for, along with a slight midrange dip. The lower treble has a bit more presence, but that’s basically it.

Here’s the Arya compared to the Harman over-ear 2013 target. I tend to find the bass on this one more appropriate, so it doesn’t deviate as strongly there. Upper mids are a bit closer on this one as well.

And here’s the Arya relative to a custom target that I’m calling ‘enthusiast neutral’. In a way this target is fairly close to the FR of a Focal Utopia. So on this comparison it has the slight midrange dip and it’s got a bit more energy around 5khz.

And vs the Harman Hybrid using 2013 bass and 2018 mids and treble

It’s interesting, on the previous Arya I evaluated I had noticed a much stronger 6khz peak, and with this one I don’t hear it at all - and then if you look at the graph it’s also not substantial either. Same with the 8-9khz region, where on the previous unit I would have thought it was more intense there, almost close to sounding sibilant, but on this unit it’s also much more agreeable (and it measures like that too).

15 Likes