Hifiman HE6se $700 at adorama

Use the link to get the price. I am wearing a pair right now and they are wonderful, as is, out of my
Singxer SDA 2 c, no mods. I have an ADCOM GFA535 waiting in the wings.
https://www.adorama.com/hmhe6se.html?emailprice=T

2 Likes

@kerplunk Have you ever been able to compare the HE6se to the original HE6? It’s been several years since I last listened to the HE6 and wonder how similar they are.

For those that aren’t aware, this is a grey market deal from Adorama. I believe they do offer warranty themselves but if you look for any official support from Hifiman you will be SOL.

3 Likes

I have never heard the original. There is a vendor who has and has done mods on the original to improve it. He now has the he6se and will be evaluating and testing mods. It sounds terrific to me . I dusted off an Adcom GFA 535 and am driving it thru the speaker outputs. It compares favorably with my the ZMF Verite. Not sure I have a favorite

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

This gets me kind of curious. I’m wondering if you can hear the difference in amplifiers using headphones? Not made for headphone amplifiers but speaker amplifiers. I have Acoustat TNT 200 amplifiers that are FET amplifiers. I also have amps that are normal transistor amplifiers. The FET amplifiers like the Electrostats a lot. I wonder if they would like electrostatic headphones as well or as you’re discovering with the Adcom amp there may be a synergy for a particular kind of speaker amplifier for a particular kind of headphone. :thinking:

I have only used the one amplifier. It is a quiet powerful amplifier which still has the magic dust inside. Components are in good shape.You’ll just have to give it a try to find out. In my readings for this headphone, sufficient power should do it, the 50 ohms impedance should allow for a hiss free experience.

1 Like