Hifiman Sundara Open-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones - Official Thread

@Resolve just watched your review of the Sundara. I have an early-release Sundara and now you’re telling me about “stealth revisions” and how much better they sound nowadays. You were convincing enough to the point that I’m buying the “new and improved” late model… as soon as I recoup from the $3,749 I just shed on a Moon DAC to replace my beloved Naim DAC V1 who fell victim to lightning yesterday. If it wasn’t for that I’d already be back from the audio shop I patronize sitting right here at my desk with my new Sundara sitting on my head. The Sundara may be the most affordable phone I own, t it’s still one of my favourite. Contrary to the fancy Focals and Audeze it doesn’t require DSP to sound neutral and balanced. Reminds me a lot of the Focal Clear even if the latter is a dynamic and costs 4 times as much. I’ve spent many hours comparing my Clear with my Sundara over the last two years and in the end found the Clear the superior headphone, but not by much. No idea how Dr Bian can pull this off and still make a profit, I’m befuddled.

2 Likes