New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Thank you all for the warm welcome and also thanks to the cat! :rofl:

4 Likes

Hi All,

This is not really my first post as I jumped right into a thread earlier but it is only common courtesy to introduce myself :wink:

I am from Spain and am pretty new to the headphone world. I have been working in the pro-audio industry for more than 20 years but mainly in live and studio situations where I only used headphones for tracking and some mixing when working late at night. Most of my time has been spent with PA systems and studio monitors. I am also a bass player that moved into an apartment a few years ago (from a country house) so I have needed to practice more through headphones.

Recently I had a new baby boy and also a switch around in the office which means me sharing an office with somebody who hates any kind of noise while working, especially music it seems! :roll_eyes: This obviously limits me to closed back headphones.

Anyway, I have had a few sets of headphones over the years (as I said, more for work rather than fun) including Denon AH-D350, Sony MDR-V6, various cheap Sony and Phillips models and various “DJ” sets (for my days as a DJ where louder was better :D).

Over the last year or so I managed to accumulate 3 pairs of M40X as I find them easy to mix with, along with a few sets of IEMs from brands like Sennheiser, KZ and Shure etc.

Anyway, since the start of the year I have been spending time actually listening to headphones and seem to have fallen down the rabbit hole…

At work I spend 8 hours a day behind a desk (when I am not travelling) and have put together a nice (to me) little set up consisting of an SMSL SU-8 into a JDS Atom and a Loxjie P20. My work headphones are a set of Beyerdynamic Custom Studios. I am looking into a pair of open-backs to run balanced out of the P20 in the evenings when I am alone in the office.

At home I am running either a Focusrite Scarlett or a Behringer UMC204HD into a SS HP amp (I forget the brand but it was cheap). However, I picked up a Topping NX4 DSD for travel and was using it at work while waiting for my other stuff to turn up. I really liked the NX4 so I am mainly using that at home now into M40x.

For travel, the Topping is perfect although I usually just travel with IEMs as I am always tight on space (too many gadgets).

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text and I hope to conitnue the journey learning from this site!

7 Likes

“Bummer” :scream:

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you. I look forward to learning experience with gear and musical tastes. Tom

6 Likes

Hi @SenyorC and welcome. I’m sure you’ll be a great addition to the community.

5 Likes

Thanks!!

4 Likes

Welcome - spelled properly because the cat is not helping me type.

6 Likes

Welcome!!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks!

Hello. I am a music lover that is all in on headphones, DAP’s and amp’s.

Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia

5 Likes

Excellent! Welcome to you from the chilly part of the world. Easy for my to say in Florida 85 degrees today. I long forward to hearing about all your gear and experiences. I hope you gain some knowledge and fun from our “Very” friendly forum. Tom :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi and welcome @ShaneD. I too hail from Halifax though it’s Halifax in the kingdom of West Yorkshire in the UK. :grin:

1 Like

Cool. Twin cities, so to speak. I am sure my city was named after yours.

Shane D

2 Likes

Thank you. And I would kill for some of that 85 degrees. Actually, to me 75 is perfect. :slight_smile:

Shane D

3 Likes

Welcome @ShaneD, I only just got here myself but it is a very friendly place!

BTW, 75 degrees is a little too hot for me, but that could be because I think in Centigrade :wink:

1 Like

Agree with the 75 also. Gets kind of muggy here. 95 in summer with muggy is like wading through pea soup.

oh! Did I mention hurricanes. Oh well, can’t be perfect it seems anywhere.

I am Canadian, but I am old.:grin:
While I might say 21 degrees out loud, in my head I am always thinking 70 degrees.

ShaneD

3 Likes

The real question is how you measure tire inflation. Pounds per square inch?
And fuel use in a vehicle. Miles per gallon? Per imperial gallon? or liters per 100km?

1 Like

Miles per gallon and PSI!

ShaneD

1 Like

Pressure in KG and fuel consumption, due to the damn price, in Euros per Kilometre!

2 Likes

Welcome!!!