New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

@jrua welcome! also a fellow seattlelite and native. I wish I had mechkeys when I was in my teens. Our first computers at home had those old ibm spring keyboards but then they got away from those in the 90s for cheaper and quieter keyboards and I was too young to know much better. Now that I had a (re) taste of MKs again and I can never ever go back. I have too many of them now and made a Raspberry Pi workstation in the garage last week to make use of extra MKs I have around lol.

3 Likes

Me too! Of course, they were mechanical, just not nearly as good.

2 Likes

Thanks and what us fedora 29? Also is there any kind of software that I can buy/download for the jotunhiem/multibit dac that will allow me to use an equalizer and have presets? Thanks

Fedora 29 is a nice, robust, current LINUX distribution. It’s a very different experience if you only use Windows. Good for those who tinker. If you are curious, there are ways to try it out without wiping out Microsoft’s operating system. UBUNTU is another distribution that is generally easier for Windows-centric people to try.

I was trying to be a bit funny, as most of the time when I see hot home-built systems, they run Windows, but you never know. Most LINUX distributions are available free. Another good way to try is if you have an older computer that seems hopelessly slow, and you wanted to get rid of it, just install a LINUX distribution and see what you think. There is software that is free to do almost anything on LINUX, but it’s not always easy to learn.

As far as Windows and Mac software, there is a category here for questions and help.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

6 Likes

Hello welcome to the Forum!

1 Like

Hello and welcome!

2 Likes

Oh good! Our rabbit hole has caught another one! Welcome.

Whatever you do, don’t read the Ultra Cheap Chinese IEM Thread. Nope, should be avoided at all costs.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha . . .
ha

3 Likes

Hi and welcome @techieguy.

1 Like

Hello Everyone! I am new to the community.

I have been looking for some advice in building my new Music Studio and I hope this forum will help me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome @techieguy great to have you here!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome @techieguy.

1 Like

Welcome @techieguy!!

1 Like

Music studio sounds exciting!

I remember doing this in my teens when I still had aspirations to become a successful musician by putting carpet and egg cartons all over the walls and ceiling in my parents’ shed. I came back to the room years later to find that half of it had fallen off haha.

1 Like

Welcome!

2 Likes

I’d be very interested in your experiences as a new user in accessing the community. What’s hard, what’s easy. Can you find stuff? Please let me know.

No, I’m not any kind of power here. I just have a strong interest in design, and how friendly systems are to new users.

1 Like

Welcome. Great to have you here!

2 Likes

Welcome @Borissiomin!!

1 Like

Hi @Borissiomin, and welcome. It’s always good to hear from somebody else. Hope you enjoy yourself.