Moondrop In-Ear Monitors and Ear Buds

could have been worse, you could have referenced gorilla glue

5 Likes

Enjoying the start of my second day with the Blessing 2 Dusk now. These are good!! Very happy with the purchase. :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

I wrote some months ago my impressions about the Moondrop Starfield IEM.
Iā€™d like to add some notes about some points that are relevant to me and that I hope can be useful for the community.
First of all using the Starfield with my A&K SR25 Iā€™ve noticed a very good synergy between the two (obviously to my personal eras, I didnā€™t find any others for rent).
The output of the A&K gives to the Starfield a good power and smoothens the treble in favour of a more relaxed and to me enjoyable sound.
I know from @antdroid notes that A&K DAPs have a warmer sound compared to Pioneer for example.
Probably this sound tone helps giving the Starfield a smoother and to me much more enjoyable sound.
I find the Starfiel to be very sensible to tips rolling.
Using memory foam tips Iā€™ve heard the basses fuller and more bodied in comparison to standard silicon tips.
It may be took in consideration of you want a richer bass response from these IEM.
After more than 60 days of use the Starfield are like new, no clipping from paint and no signals of possible problems.
For their price and for someone like me that doesnā€™t use a lot IEM these can really be a good compromise between price and sound quality.
Have a nice weekend and enjoy.

7 Likes

The Blessing 2 arrived this past week and Iā€™m really liking what Iā€™m hearing thus far.

The only thing Iā€™m not too happy with is the stock cable. Any recommendations on a replacement?

4 Likes

Dunu duw-02 is fantastic. And modular.

5 Likes

I have the duw-03 (came with the Zen) and the blanche is coming next week. So far, I like the thinner 02 better.

4 Likes

I had the unfortunate luck of finishing my review of the Moondrop Illumination the same weekend as Crinacle. I received the Moondrop Illumination from ShenzhenAudio as part of a review tour.

The Illumination has a mostly neutral tuning, with a few constructive deviations from textbook neutrality. Specifically, there is a gentle mid-bass elevation that extends into the lower midrange and a distinct upper-midrange emphasis that is most pronounced between 2ā€“3 kHz.

The Illumination is one of the most engaging and pleasant-sounding IEMs I have ever heard. If you value neutrality and timbre over sheer detail retrieval, it is absolutely worth a look. It definitely falls short in terms of detail retrieval compared to similarly priced IEMs, including the Moondrop S8.

My full review, along with measurements, comparisons with the Moondrop S8 and Dunu Luna, and additional images, is available on my blog:

6 Likes

Anyone know if thereā€™s a type of Comply tips that fit on the Blessing2?

The 500ā€™s should based on specs. But I have not tried it.

Yeah, they fit. It takes some effort, but it works. (I remembered I have the 500T :slight_smile: )
The seal is a little better, but the stock tips have a good seal too. (no lack in bass) Comfort is a bit better with the stock tips actually since the Comply tips give a little more pressure inside my ears.
The comply tips keep out noise much better than the stock tips and they sound maybe a little warmer.
So in more noisy situations or when walking the Comply tips can have their advantages.

1 Like

Have you tried xelastec? (they are a very tight fit on the blessing 2) I personally didnā€™t like foam as much. But I am about to do a comparison of a bunch of tips and find out whatā€™s what.

1 Like

Xelastecs are very hard to get here in Europe.

3 Likes

You can get them from Linsoul with free shipping if you donā€™t mind a couple of weeks wait.

2 Likes

My size is sold out. :frowning:
Iā€™ll check again in a few days. Iā€™m quite interested in trying them out.

2 Likes

One possible negative: the material is tpu (I think), and that can feel a bit rubby against dry things. So if you have really dry ears, that could be a problem. I donā€™t have it. Also, with these, all six sizes worked for me. Just different depth.

I am reviewing 11 tips on the dunu zen thread soon if you want to look.

3 Likes

Has anyone had an issue with their nozzle filters coming off their Moondrop IEMs? Mine already came off, and Iā€™ve only had them for 2 weeks. Are they crucial to have on? I didnā€™t receive spares in the boxā€¦

2 Likes

The filter is supposed to be removable.
Strange that you hadnā€™t spares.
Check the seller or take a look on Amazon or Aliexpess for spares.
Itā€™s better to have filters on in order to avoid dirt fill the chamber of your IEM.
While you look for a spare set use some ear tips with integrated filter.

2 Likes

Yes, the filters come off every time I switch tips. But luckily I donā€™t need to change them since I get a really good fit with the stock ones.
I knew this is an issue with Moondrop, so I ordered a few extra when I placed the order for my B2 dusk.
They are quite cheap @ ShenzhenAudio.

4 Likes

Thanks - Iā€™ll grab some from Shenzhen.

1 Like

Massively recommend MTMT audio for tips, shipping was super quick to me in the UK. I donā€™t remember how long exactly but I remember being surprised at how quickly they arrived, definitely less than a week

2 Likes