Corona-virus (Covid-19) Discussion

It kind of is. WHO cautioned everyone to not panic but tread carefully as there is no known cure.

Carefull with UVC, that is realy nasty stuff. It realy kills living things and scrambles DNA until dead.

1 Like

That’s what makes it fun.

Uhhh, I mean… YES! Be careful folks. Don’t put them in your annoying neighbors psychedelic party room as black lights. Because that would be bad. Or something.

1 Like

Thank you @MazeFrame

I am really careful when using them, plus the wand has a safety switch so if it is turned past around 60* the light turns off and the UV “box” will only work if it is closed.

For myself it’s a necessary step I have to take for my health condition.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes please be careful with UV, I used to work UV based Laser in School.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Montreal Audio Fest happening at the end of March has been postponed. Axpona has been postponed until August. I can see CanJam SoCal going the same route if things don’t calm down in the next two months.

Outside of the headphone world, all the major sport leagues have shut down their seasons with the NBA cancelling last night, MLS this morning and the NHL is expected to make an announcement later today during their press conference.

2 Likes

It looks like the NCAA basketball tourney might be the next domino to fall.

1 Like

Yup and NHL just suspended the season officially.

Most vendors aren’t talking about this yet but all it takes is for a couple of courier drivers to be tested positive for the virus and then door to door deliveries could be shut down for a while. Which obviously massively impacts any online businesses out there. As well as brick and mortar. The next few weeks are going to be pretty important for how the situation is handled in the US.

1 Like

I know of at least one vendor who is holding off on ordering more stock because of the instability in the stock market.

Beginning monday my step son’s school will be closing. My wife on the other hand is forced into the NYC subways because of work. I have a compromised immune system,and to say that im very concerned is an understatement.

That is a tough situation to be in… do you hold off and not stock up and hope it passes swiftly, or shore up your stock with as much as possible so you are the only one still in business selling while others have no stock… gambling either way…

1 Like

The other issue at stake there is that you may have all the stock but no way to move it. If couriers stop picking up then you’re sitting on a lot of inventory that you can’t move.

If something like Amazon were to stop doing deliveries for a couple weeks, you have some vendors that are sitting on millions of stock there that isn’t doing anything.

At the same time, most people are pretty understanding of the situation but there are some customers… Haha.

4 Likes

We are having all kinds of delays from suppliers, mainly those who bring stock from China and are running low.

Added to that, we are probably all going to be quarantined soon similar to Italy. They have already cancelled any events with more than 50 people and all schools, government buildings etc are closed for at least 15 days.

(I am in Spain btw)

1 Like

We also have the equipment for a few (large) projects that have been postponed without a date. That means we are sitting on around 500k of equipment we need to pay for but don’t know when we can charge for it.

@generic is cancelled

1 Like

It looks like schools get closed next week.
They move eastern holidays 2 weeks forward, maybe.

Our offices will be empty and we work remote. - no corona, just preventive.

Soccer leagues are discussed for getting stopped in most eu…

Greetings from munich

5 Likes

Yeah, we already lost football (no soccer here :wink: ) and schools.

They are even talking about cancelling Easter celebrations which is major disruption for a Catholic country!

safety first, I suppose.
with some sports people already beeing tested positiv…

Won’t start religion discussions

2 Likes

There are plans to move lectures online at my uni. Problem is bandwidth (1 gig/sec upload is not all that much when you think about it)

The whole of Real Madrid is in Quarantine.

(And no religious opinions on Easter, just the fact that the most celebrated thing in this country may be cancelled).

We are used to provide live online seminars for our partners … now we already started recording some out of the reason you mentioned