Music that moves you

This is for those songs that tug at your heartstrings. What are the tracks that bring a tear to your eye, give you goosebumps, or a warm and fuzzy sense of nostalgia. Maybe it’s certain instruments, genres, a vocalist or a special artist.

For me Nadia’s Theme has always been one of those. I always get goosebumps when I listen too it. Maybe it’s the nostalgia of my mom watching the “Young and the Restless “ in the background or the memory of “Bless the beasts and the children” which I remember being moved by as a kid also. I should watch that again it’s probably been over 40+ years since I’ve seen it. ( it could suck, maybe I should leave my memory alone, lol). Whatever it is I love this song.

7 Likes

This one is one of my hard goosebumps and one of my favourite tracks.
Max Richter, “On the Nature of Daylight” from the Album “The Blue Notebooks”:

3 Likes

This is one of the threads that I (and probably many others) have been waiting for. THANK YOU. I am also a real sucker for beautiful, emotional, tear-jerking music. I will in the future submit my list for music like that, for example “Gabriels Oboe” or many of the tracks from the “Out of Africa” movie soundtrack. But for now, below is a list of my current favorite songs for listening to lovely music, mostly vocals, which I like for their melodies and/or words. It’s for listening to popular songs such as this that I got into the hobby of higher quality headphones:

A love so beautiful – Roy Orbison
One moment in time – Dana Winner
Sonya alone – Brittany Ashford
If tomorrow never comes - Ronan Keating
Cuddle up – the beach boys (Dennis Wilson)
Tell him - David Foster and Pia Toscana (or the
duet by Barbara Streisand and
Celine Dion)
Just about anything done by Secret Garden
(Just be careful, schmaltz alert)
Gulumcan - Murat Isbilen (a beautiful Turkish
Instrumental)
A ghost in the house - Alison Krauss*
Remember when - Roy Clark*

• Especially if you are in the older category

Looking forward to hear others suggestions. Thanks again.

5 Likes

I find that almost all Reggaeton moves me, usually as far away from the source as possible :wink:

5 Likes

Emmanuel - Chris Botti featuring Lucia Micarelli in Boston.

It never fails to trigger emotions in the parent in me knowing that it was written in memory of his son. This particular version is especially beautiful … the back and forth between the violin and trump is just so unique. you can definitely hear the story in the music. Anyways, make sure it’s the version in Boston as no other version ever captured the beauty of the song.

you can also watch the performance here: https://youtu.be/m8NN4fpdm40

3 Likes

Thanks for that. It is beautiful…can’t recall ever hearing a trumpet sound as emotive as in this. Added to my library.

1 Like

Glad you liked it. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Lovely album, one of my favourites from Jóhannsson

1 Like

In honor of Independence Day (USA) weekend, I’d like to share some of my favorite patriotic country songs…songs that honor our military, songs that honor our workforce, and songs that just have a “homey” feeling.

Sorry for the quality of this video :cry:
Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagle Fly (Aaron Tippin)

40-Hour Week (Alabama)

Sweet Southern Comfort (Buddy Jewell)

This last one gets me. Every. Single. Time. :sob:
Ragged Old Flag (Johnny Cash)

Enjoy, my friends, and may God bless America!

4 Likes

Ragged old flag is awesome :ok_hand:
Love Cash’s stuff.

1 Like

I bawl every time I hear it…

1 Like

I feel like a lot of bluegrass and country is pretty well recorded. Chris Stapleton’s stuff coming to mind for more recent things.

Yeah, man! His voice is not my particular favorite, but his songs are SO good!

1 Like

Not big on most modern country but Alan Jackson’s newest album is pretty good. Though, he’s not modern but it’s was recorded this year.

And I like a few tracks off Eric Church’s new album, Soul. Rock & Roll Found Me and Lynyrd Skynyrd Jones are pretty good.

1 Like

Great post!

Have a great weekend. :heart::us::heart:

1 Like

Alan is one of my favorite country singers, and yeah, I’m with you on modern country!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Nick Hakim - I Don’t Know

Just so soulful. This would be the last song I would listen to at the end of a day of facemelting synths and beats at an electronic music festival.

3 Likes

2 songs that I have to ration so I don’t get worn out by them.

I recently found a breathtaking redux of Clair De Lune. I had just got a pair of Focal Celestee which was my first high end headphone. This song made me cry tears of joy then I fell into listening to music for 2 more hours.

5 Likes

I’m a bit of an odd duck in that it’s the music that gets me, not necessarily the lyrics or human voice; piano pieces and beautiful guitar solos are my favorite. I probably wouldn’t feel much emotion when watching a movie or TV show if it wasn’t for the musical score. :slight_smile: A prime example of this is the guitar solo in Dream Theater’s “The Spirit Carries On.” It starts at about the 2:50 mark and gets me every time.

2 Likes