New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the forum @noob47 !

You need to have made a certain amount of posts before you are able to create new threads.

If you use the search function, you will probably be able to find a thread that is relevant to what you would like to discuss. There are also General Purchase Advice and General Troubleshooting threads if that’s the sort of thing you are looking for.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @noob47 and @Koniotaur.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @anidel and @Liu_88.

4 Likes

Hello everyone. I am relatively new to this hobby. A friend showed he his sundaras and now I am hooked. I have already spent an unhealthy amount of time researching and money on new hardware. I am loving it so far. Being a bit of a collector with an addictive personality I fear for my wallet.

11 Likes

…. You’re in good company (or bad depending on how you look at it) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wellllll…. you probably should. Too late now though….you’re already bit :grin:

5 Likes

Sounds like I found my “brother from another mother”. You’re in a good spot as the folks here will both reign in your excitement to take a measured approach to your growth in the hobby (while also making you drool with the types of setups that some folks have!). Welcome to the group!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @lazarian and @elira.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @synfinatic. Xxxxxxxx

3 Likes

Hello all! I’m Enrique, I’ve been involved in the hobby for a few years now. I like pop-rock and italian pop music. Current favorite headphones are Grado PS2000e, Grado Hemp and DCA Stealth. I’ve tried a lot of things and right now I’m trying to get rid of most of my stuff because I have been hoarding gear for the last few years.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Another Grado customer.

What should I listen to in Italian pop?

1 Like

Arisa “Amami tour” is a nice one. Chiara dello Iacovo “Appena Sveglia” is also good. Andrea Bocelli, has some “pop” albums, my favorite one is “Cinema”, but it’s mostly in english. And I think those should be good to start.

2 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members.

3 Likes

Hello and Welcome @DoingEvil, @LeeKibbler, @isabella and @Johnny55.

4 Likes

Hello and Welcome @Benesyed, @Hillman_Hayes.

3 Likes

I listened to the Amami Tour album. It was not what I expected, and was very pleasant. To others who might be tempted, it’s very traditional pop, as in popular music, with vocal and orchestration, not in the pop-rock genre at all.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @TriciaDoyle.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @PeteMtl, @SonOfGaladriel, @redmonddad, @caryking and @Sir_Bruce_Lee.

5 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, enjoy !

3 Likes

Oh, hi there! Thanks for the welcome!

I’m @redmonddad, but my real-world name is Gilman. I got my start with this headphone obsession in the 1990s with a Sennheiser HD590 (which I still have) plugged directly into a PC, flirted with Grados and a Rega amp, moved up to a Shure and a Schiit Asgard amp, and many more (some of which I have given away to seed other budding audiophiles…one of which still curses my name). Now, 25-30 years after starting this journey, have found the Focal Stellia and a Burson Conductor 3X Reference amp. The Focal house sound really suits me and have added a Clear MG for variety and a Bathys for travel. The Stellia is still my favorite though (although I have yet to try the Utopia).

12 Likes

Welcome! I too enjoy the Focal house sound! My only gripe with Focal is their pad game. I’d love to see some of your impressions on their respective topics here in the community forums.

2 Likes