“Now Playing”

2 Likes

2 Likes

The mid-song metal drop lured me in, but it’s the vocals that keep me coming back

1 Like

The guy can’t do no wrong. Love his music.

3 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

So much goodness in this song.
Yet so little has changed since.

4 Likes

New Everything But the Girl. :grin: Full album coming in April.

4 Likes

Been giving Deloused in the Comatorium another listen through.

2 Likes

Just laying around Saturday afternoon listening to Apple Music B52’s Essentials playlist. iPhone, Dunu Titan S, iFi SE dongle.

Just fine.

Better half right next to me looking at BTS videos on her iPhone.

That’s the way to do it.

4 Likes

My Favorite Game is my favorite song of any that appeared in a video game.

2 Likes

3 Likes

One of my longstanding ALL-TIME favorite tracks. Now through the “best” headphones and “best” amp in the world. :brown_heart:

5 Likes

So I listened, Do you agree with Qobuz’ assessment of track 1? I quite liked it, not everything requires a build to climax.

1 Like

Mmmm, not really. “Xpander” is a seminal classic in the progressive trance genre, and a career defining hit for Sasha, who before the advent of mainstream “EDM” was indisputably the biggest DJ in the world. This EP is full of goodness start to finish, but it’s the last track “Baja” that has always fascinated me. The slow burn build to an explosive climax is so satisfying (*interestingly, the liner notes rather enigmatically say “recorded at the Great Barrier Reef”).

“Xpander” on the other hand folds in on itself and circles back to repeat its main chorus over and over again in a hypnotic way. It DESTROYED dancefloors in the late 90s.

2 Likes

Qobuz just suggested a new album by a group I did not know, and the cover art seemed intriguing so I gave it a listen and I’m in love. :star_struck: Moody ambient experimental and well recorded. Think Portico Quartet but a little more “ECM” jazz flavored.

2 Likes

Happy 50th birthday!

7 Likes
2 Likes

Classic progressive electronica. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Made this 25 track playlist to honor my Campfire Audio Atlas IEM. These tracks have great mid-bass presence. Something the Atlas can articulate in such an impactful way.

3 Likes