Sale on Shure SE846 (Blue only) @ amazon

A picture is worth a thousand words, right? :wink:

Had to pull the trigger. If they’re going to honor, that’s another discussion. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Wow. Quite the deal.

1 Like

Nice ! The Shure SE846 was decent when it came out years ago. I don’t think it’s very competitive anymore at MSRP, but at 50% off, you can just return them to Amazon if you’re not satisfied :slight_smile: Enjoy !

2 Likes

That is a good discount! I have a pair, and was lucky to have a corporate discount and that was 3 years ago. Grab them!

3 Likes

That specific BT module is crap. Already returned 4 of them. They all fail at some point. But even if the BT module fails, the drivers themselves are a keeper at this price.

Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Only 20 left in stock (more on the way).

They’re going quite fast.

I am really tempted, but this is half the way to my Andromeda buy, so…

Not that fast actually, after 12h.

Only 10 left in stock (more on the way).

Don’t forget Black Friday is approaching. I’m not sure if Campfire Audio always has a b-stock sale for Black Friday. But they have done in years past, and when they do, the b-stock Andromeda goes for a good $250 or so less than retail, I believe. And with the release of the 2020 version, back in the summer Campfire was selling off its previous version as a-stock for a decent discount as well.

The deals can be found through Campfire Audio’s sister site, ALO Audio (see here). You can sign up to be notified when they’re offering sales.

1 Like

It’s over folks.

Only 1 left in stock - order soon.

Back to MSRP.

Folks, the little Shure came in today. As there is no free lunch in this game, as soon as I unboxed the package I immediately understood why this was 50% off MSRP. It was a reselling attempt of a previously returned product.

Of course I was skeptical before trying. Unboxing was not a good experience.

Unboxing details

External packaging was full of tape:

Moreover, in the inside, the drivers were squeezed between the foam and the hard cover box. In addition, a few tips were also missing:

So I started cleaning it up (COVID routine :weary:) and took a few spare tips from my past SE215 units – yes, I have had a bunch of them. Shure fanboy here. :muscle:

Playing around with the tips, I kind of understood why someone would return such expensive product at MSRP. If you don’t get the right sealing it does sound like crap. :face_vomiting:

After putting the bread and butter plasticky tips everything was set into place. The tuning is great. It sounds like my HD6XX on a small form factor.

More pics

And they’re beautiful crafted.

PS.: New corona cut urgently needed. :smile:

Looks like it was a very good deal indeed.

Cheers. :beers:

5 Likes

Glad they sound good. Are you thinking about getting the new cordless bluetooth modules?

1 Like

I was. But it seems the failure rate is still fairly high for this new module. :grimacing:

I’ll probably wait another year or so before giving a chance to the one above. I still have two of the modules below, so I don’t need a 3rd one.

Cheers.

1 Like

Oh, wow, that’s disappointing. Good to know though, thanks!