Sold A&S Mogwai SE with Jupiter caps and stock tubes

Price: 2700
Currency: USD
Ships to: Ships to North America
Recently traded my Bigger Ben to Earmuffs for this Mogwai SE with Jupiter caps. Price includes fees and shipping. Includes case and stock tubes. Any questions, please let me know.
IMG_4898
IMG_4902
IMG_4899
IMG_4900
IMG_4901

5 Likes

Dang, I’m really interested in this but I’m not sure how much benefit it will have over the upcoming revised Mogwai OG…

The SE has an input transformer, larger output transformers, and is tube rectified – which should have some impact on sonics.

2 Likes

The one thing I have also found is talking with Justin might also give you a better idea of the potential differences. Are there small changes or major changes. I have yet to see what is changing with the new version. Bear in mind this is the 3500 version that comes close to the Bigger Ben and the price is shipped. The amp is in perfect working condition, no blemishes on the case. I can also see how much room I have in the case to see if I can throw in some tube rolling options. I should know by later this afternoon what tube options I can provide.

2 Likes

Without making the case look like a worm got to it, you can see the three slots where a group of tubes for a first round set up will get you by. I probably have an extra box around that I could box up the any of these tubes to give someone a try on this amp. The RCA is a 5AR4. I might also have a Electro-Harmonix 5U4GB rectifier to try.

1 Like

Man… wish I could have picked up one of these amps from you…really wanted the BBen .A purchase like this I have to plan for though…promised myself I wouldn’t buy anything on credit but you guys are testing my will :sweat::joy: GLWS

3 Likes

Planning is the smartest way to go, I went above my budget and doing a little damage control. The Bigger Ben is an amazing amp and I picked it up locally for more than I was asking. I wish people knew more about how good of an amp it is and the price I was selling it for probably won’t come very often. Earmuffs got a good deal on it and it worked out to swap with someone local.

4 Likes

Call Justin and ask him. With the Jupiter caps in this amp it’s above the normal SE stock.
Also this amp was built not long ago at all. Basically brand new. Personally I like having tube rectification in amps I own as it gives me one more option to really add to that tube sound and flexibility. I’m also becoming an Ampsandsound convert in amp thinking where I’ve definitely experienced that the bigger and better the output transformer the better the sound quality. I can’t believe the subtle differences between the mogwai S.E. and the bigger Ben has on sound quality. Definitely very happy upgrading to the bigger Ben which was mostly just upgrading a bigger choke and transformers. Excellent amps regardless of what option you do.

I now see that the mogwai is a mini nautilus haha!

5 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ll message Justin to ask.

1 Like

I wanted to post an updated pictures with the tubes that will be sent. In the picture above, I’ll send one set of the KT 88’s, either the JJ or Muillard’s, buyers choice. I’ll send the 6SN7GTB, 6SL7GT and Military 6SL7 Kenrad in the following pictures. I did test the NOS Kenrad for noise before I send it out, everything sounds good, no issues. I just got that today from Brent Jesse as a replacement but the Nautilus uses 12ax7 tubes and I’m going to stick with those tubes for that amp. The following picture has the RCA 5AR4, Mullard KT88’s and the NOS Kenrad 6SL7. I will also send the 6L6GC STR matched pair. Some of these tubes will be in another box. Hopefully that all makes sense, any questions, please let me know.

Oh, and to add the deal, I’ll throw in a a pair of Mogami 3ft rca cables. I use XLR on the Nautilus.

3 Likes

Sale pending but I’m going to mark this as sold as I’ll be shipping it in the morning. Thanks everyone.

8 Likes

It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting!