SOLD: LB-acoustics MYSPHERE 3.2

Price: 2999
Currency: US Dollars
Ships to: CONUS

MySphere 3.2 with “Standard” and extra “Treble” Sound Frames - Balanced and Single-ended Cables
Lightly used in a smoke-free environment. Premium foam-padded travel case, user manual, cables and extra “sound frame” included.

"The roots of MYSPHERE 3 go back to the legendary flagship headphone K 1000 of AKG, introduced to the market in 1989. Two outstanding acoustic engineers are associated with the history of the K 1000: Helmut Ryback, who developed the AKG K 240 DF, at that time reference headphone for many radio stations, and Heinz Renner, leading in concept and development of the K 1000, together with Helmut Ryback.

After extensive evaluation of all available transducer principles, including electrostatic and orthodynamic drivers, the developers decided to adopt the dynamic driver method for the K 1000, mainly because it is far superior for accelerating the air molecules at low frequencies. A novel radial magnet array was designed to minimize the influence of mechanical parts in the sound field. In order to avoid nonlinearities of the membrane movement the idea of the quadrangular shape was born."

Style: hovering next to the ears, fully open
Sensitivity: 96 dB / 1 mW RMS = 115 dB SPL/V
Maximum input power: 60 mW
Rated Impedance: 110 Ohms
Transducer type: dynamic
Transducer size: 40 x 40 mm
Diaphragm: squared, glass-foam enforced
Membrane excursion: 4 mm
Frequency response: 20 Hz – 40 kHz (-10 dB)
Magnetic structure: radial, fully vented
Magnet type: Neodymium N52
Magnet density: 1.5 T
Weight: 345 g (without cable)

5 Likes

I bought this Mysphere advertised as “lightly used”.
I am sorry to report this but my friend found a lot of disturbing issues after opening it up to investigate why one channel was cutting in and out and having inconsistent volume. Here are the pics: mysphere 3.2 issues - Album on Imgur

1. One of the tracks has worn down and the metal fragments are adhering to the magnets. It does not provide a reliable connection.
  2. The standard frames were also tampered with and as such do not seal either. It wasn’t immediately noticeable because they weren’t propped open, but simply touching the fabric moves it. When taking it off, you can see chipped paint indicating that they were meddled with a lot in the past.
  3. There is gaffer tape on the inside to help keep the mysphere intact. This is more evidence that the mysphere was opened up often, enough to warrant needing to add tape to help it stay to gether.
  4. There are stress marks on one of the frames, indicating that the mysphere was dropped and maybe contributing to the track being worn down/damaged.

Due to the above issues with the condition, the mysphere was definitely heavily used, taken apart, modified and frankly mistreated. The ad never disclosed any of this and described it as “lightly used”. I would like to send it back and get a refund.

1 Like

No, not after two months. I purchased them from another user, used them lightly, and never had any problem with them. Suggest you contact the manufacturer.

It literally has tape on the inside to keep it together (and that is probably the least concerning issue). How is that lightly used? Perhaps you used it lighly, but the user before you did a lot with it that he never disclosed to you

1 Like

Probably best to include the previous owner in the discussion if he didn’t disclose these issues also. Should copy the original seller into this message.

The buyer found several issues and the headphone even has tape on the inside to keep it together AND the seller is still saying it is lightly used and to talk to the manufacturer? So disingenuous and honestly laughable. I would file a dispute on Paypal or chargeback through your bank if you didn’t go through Paypal goods and services.
I was eyeing this listing myself a while back and am glad I dodged a bullet.

2 Likes

Topic is being closed. Seller and buyer, please take the conversation private. Can always take it up with PayPal as well.

7 Likes