Sub-$900 Headphone Recommendations

Thanks @TylersEclectic for looping me in on the convo! Based on the music you listen to @Minjun_Kim I would definitely recommend checking out the Aeon 2C. Now to be fair I wouldn’t say they are neutral to my ears. However they are for the price range my favorite closed back headphones at that price point so far. They are wonderful with POP, Rock, Electronic, music. They also allow for the the tuning of the sound with the included inserts so you can without EQ change the sound to better match the music you are listening too. They take to tone control well if desired, they are ultra lightweight and extremely comfortable @taronlissimore and @andrew will take great care of you as well when purchasing through headphones.com .The Elegia are also great headphones, excellent build, more open sounding stage however for my ears and the type of music I listen to the most I preferred the Aeon 2 C. If I was primarily listening to Jazz, Classical, or music primarily composed of wind and the higher frequency string instruments then I would recommend the Elegia.

Definitely take the Aeon2 C into strong consideration at that price point for closed back cans if you enjoy planar magnetic headphones.

Do double check the amount of current the Chord Mojo can provide as the one thing about the Aeon 2C is they do require quite a bit of volts to sound their best.

I also did a comparison between the Aeon 2 C and the Elegia if you’re interested in reading

10 Likes