The Anime Thread

Haha I mentioned not having watched it yet before. Don’t worry I already read the first chapter; will watch it soon.

1 Like

I do recall you mentioning it and I think my reaction was the same. I might watch it again.

This season I think Kaguyasama is my favourite, so far. Spy x family is solid but needs to bring something more to the table. Havent seen todays episode yet. Still havent touched Komi.

A Couple of Cuckoos - decent, romcom, SoL anime. Bit of a different spin regarding the premise of the show.

1 Like

Well here ya go if your kids don’t want to wait…

https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/my-hero-academia-world-heroes-mission-blu-ray-dvd

2 Likes

Nice, thanks! Looks like an August release date.

Been reading this manga called bokura ga ita. Frankly, I’ve been looking down on it because it’s labeled as a shojou manga but this caught me by surprise. It’s got some pretty mature themes and some fairly tragic plot lines. It’s damn good. There’s an anime adaptation but apparently it sucks, so I’ll probably stay away from it. Anyway…

@frkasper did you start any new anime?
@perogie fruits update?!

Nothing on that front. Been watching a bit more of this seasons anime and found a few more likeable ones after my initial disappointment.

Love After World Domination: really cute and charming in its own way. Desumi is easy candidate for girl of the year, Marin is probably still the front runner.

A Couple of Cuckoos (mentioned before): typical high school rom com stuff but entertaining with its premise.

Caught up to most of Komi: solid, Id like to see a bit more progress but Im aware that the manga is somewhat slow (???).

Looking back, in general this season has been good, I had really high expectations which maybe weren’t met but there are a lot of shows that are at least worth a try and there are still a couple I might try.

Kaguya is still my favourite of the season. Spy X Family has been good as well even if it was overhyped for what it is; however, it has a lot of room to grow into something truly memorable (havent read the manga past the current anime timeline). The possible plot lines are very open. After this season is complete I’ll go back to the manga.

Solo Leveling anime confirmed?? Read some articles but still not sure how definitive this is. I guess a webpage for a solo leveling anime was licensed?? Apparently wont be done by any big Japanese studio due to anti Japanese elements in the manhwa. I don’t recall anything particularly problematic but I admit to having little notion of Japanese sensitivities regarding this. Still think Ufotable would have killed this.

I also watched S1 of Black Lagoon - loved it. Wish the author of the story put out more work as I would like to see where this goes. Even though season 2 was put out a while back there isn’t enough written story to make a cohesive S3, and who knows if it would be viable. The show has some flaws but there are some truly eye opening aspects to it and a really interesting, if really dark, world.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the fruits prequel movie coming out in June or July. Not sure if I’ll watch it in theaters yet but will definitely be buying a blu ray.

I guess but it never really bothered me personally. I’m pretty sad of the lack of blue period chapters. There hasn’t been a new one in months!

Apparently the underdog show of this season is “ya boy kongming!” It’s only on hidive and it looks like a fun one. Will give it a run soon.

Also looks like the berserk manga will continue. Wonder how that’ll turn out given how miura isn’t there anymore.

Didn’t hear anything about solo leveling anime but would definitely be cool to see animated, well.

I should get back to watching some anime. I took a break because I haven’t been in the mood these past few weeks, instead I’ve mostly been reading manga.

I’m thinking of starting kingdom. I’ve been really curious for a long time. It seems like an anime/manga close to AoT level.

1 Like

Im still reading Rent a GF, so I really shouldnt complain!

Ive come across that too. Ive cancelled Funi as all the shows I watched on it have now transferred to crunchy so hidive could act as my CR alt. I need to run through the hidive inventory and see what exclusives they have. I think there were a couple of other shows I was interested in on it but I need to remind myself.

I’ve caught up on a few I was reading as well. I took too long a break from some of them so I felt like I lost some of the momentum of the story lines.

Ive seen it in my recs, never even clicked on it. I try to make an attempt every so often to start an older, well regarded series. That is why I tried Black Lagoon and ran through MHA. Not sure what I might try next when the mood strikes (and dont say Fruits!). I’ll take a look at Kingdom.

1 Like

Same… we’re back to square one like always! At least s2 is coming out soon for the anime.

The problem is is that it’s quite a commitment. The manga has about 700+ chapters!

1 Like

There might be some progress in the manga but the author could very easily start to go in circles again. Currently I have no interest in S2, which may change, as I am so far beyond it in the manga.

This reminded me that I never bothered to watch the rest of AoT when it restarted either.

Ive thought about reading Berserk, read a few of the opening chapters.

1 Like

Howdy.

Good timing. After finishing S2 of re:zero (meh+ to my taste) decided to take a break of a week or two. So yesterday I was bored and decided to start watching Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy (2021). It’s a little childish but has a good story-telling (engagement) so far (first 4 eps).

At least now I know what Isekai means. Anyway, from one Isekai to another. :joy:

Cheers.

1 Like

@perogie :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

Now all we need is the next season of arcane. There’s also a cyberpunk anime coming out on Netflix. Studio is Trigger!

I don’t remember but have you watched Castlevania yet @frkasper? I’d recommend it if you haven’t.

2 Likes

Nice. Yes, I did watch the whole thing. Looks like this one in the video is the son of the two other protagonists in the old series?

1 Like

That’s what it looks like! Though I have no experience with the games whatsoever. I hope they keep up with the quality.

1 Like

Above was quite short but not too bad actually. One-Punch Man style. haha

Thinking about boarding into Hunter x Hunter (2011). There are (all?) 148 eps streaming in HBO MAX. Is this one worth the watch?

Thanks!

1 Like

I think so. It’s a classic shounen so it’s kind of standard to recommend to a lot of newcomers. I honestly don’t like the protagonist but it was still enjoyable to me. Btw, it’s not a kiddy show despite the first few arcs.

1 Like

I enjoyed that one. Was one I thought id drop but it kept me interested to the end.

I’ll watch that for sure. Castlevania was quality throughout.

I just hope they take the time to make a S2 of Arcane as well as they did S1. I don’t know much of anything about cyberpunk but I did see that announcement.

HxH is worth the watch if you have the time as it can drag in certain spots. Its an odd show in how it develops into something very dark. It does craft a pretty amazing world for itself and there are some all time iconic anime scenes throughout along with very iconic characters.

Having said that, Im not sure I would put it in my upper echelon of anime even though a lot of people would. Its easy to get caught up in certain big moments of it but there are some weak spots with it. The highs do overshadow the lows for the most part.

2 Likes

Same here but still a solid watch. I do think it has really great fighting mechanics and build up. Also gotta love hisoka!

Btw, I just heard the manga is finally going out of hiatus. Though honestly I’m not too interested in reading it.

1 Like

Next level anime: Extreme Construction Truck Battle

Thanks for the heads up. Will probably try it. Eps are in 20min ballpark so are easier to swallow.

It even happened with AoT. :joy:

Cheers.

1 Like