The buying experience Thread good or bad

Have you contacted Justin about this first?

4 Likes

I have reached out 2x via email right after I received his response and called about this and yet no response.
It was excluded in error. That being said, I had said in emails that we generally don’t add.
Adding a loading resistor can be problematic esp if someone is trying to use to protect a high power amp. Our loads are small and meant as a safety for low power DHT amps.

ALL that being said, I offered a refund if it is sent back. It feels like there has been a breakdown in communication. This appears one sided and not intended to actually resolve an issue but defame.

AGAIN, please feel free to call me 949-636-9076

13 Likes

I disagree. That said, you have not tired to reach out and resolve but slander or defame me… Return the box and receive your refund or enjoy it.

2 Likes

It looks like this could be resolved on a personal and in private correspondence and not in public. Please take it to direct message… thank you!

10 Likes

I’m unsure of what the issue is here.

It seems like a mistake was made and the vendor reached out to you by both phone and e-mail to try and make it right.

Mistakes do happen as we are all human.

11 Likes

Absolutely. I was simply relaying my experience in an honest and truthful manner (which I can verify). I never slandered anyone, but merely relayed facts.

I’ll refrain from posting on the matter as I keep getting flagged for countering.

2 Likes

These things get ugly quick. I would like to think the people on this forum would give others the benefit of the doubt when they make mistakes, whether they be a vendor or not. Relaying facts is one thing, omitting important ones is another. Seems a fair resolution has been offered, and there’s no need to comment further.

17 Likes

The way the original post is framed, it sounds like you did not get what you wanted and you have no recourse as the vendor did it on purpose without any context.

Based on the comments from the vendor, that does not seem to be the case.

Think it can be dropped as further communication can go between you and the vendor.

14 Likes

Taron, I know - we all know that headphones.com is exemplary. You prevent the escalation of reaction - as this vendor did not - by your famous return policy. And we all know mistakes can happen, Lord do I know. In my business, I don’t deal with hardware. I deal with people’s money. And I’m keenly aware of how a slip-up can disappoint or magnify in a client’s head. Last week, when my admin was out for personal reasons, I failed to do an ACH on the day that I said I would. The client called (it wasn’t a big deal to him) but I beat myself up over it something awful. I feel that even a small slip could make my client lose trust.

So, while yes, Chris felt disappointment, and possibly a loss of trust, I understand the initial reaction. And regardless of who may have been at fault in a mis-communication, as a business person, I feel the customer is always right. (Unless the situation is crystal clear, and the client is far worse than unreasonable).

I’m not trying to point fingers here. I think that this belongs in a buying experience good or bad thread. As business people, it is our duty to make the experience good. It’s the only way to excel.

7 Likes

Very well said. Thank you for sharing your experience @ValentineLuke

2 Likes

Trust me, I’ve been both a customer and vendor and experienced it both ways. As a customer, I’ve definitely experienced disappoint when my order was not up to my expectations or I received the wrong item. However, I reach out to the vendor to make it right. Their response to fixing their mistake is more important to me than the mistake they made in the first place.

Unfortunately the vendor in question was never given the chance to offer a remedy to the mistake before it was posted online in such a way that it seemed like the customer was stuck with what they got.

As the world shifts to pretty much being “always online”, its very easy to post something and have a narrative form around that post. Oftentimes, there’s no recourse for the vendor or individual the post is related to or a way to respond to that. As a public figure, I’ve been the subject of a couple public posts as well and I know how much it sucks. It sucks that you screwed up in the first place, sucks that you got put on blast for the world to see but it sucks even more that you weren’t given a chance to make it right because you weren’t even aware of the issue.

I agree that it belongs here with the proper context.

11 Likes

I think that some of the point here is your process. Your value proposition is that you have perhaps the best no-questions-asked return policy in the business. That goes a long way to keep those narratives from forming.

I do understand that in a community forum hosted by a retailer that there must be some sensitivity to the situation of other vendors. As a consumer, I might very well want to write something out - and get criticism, sympathy, or even pointed in the right direction before confronting the seller. It might help me to get my head together.

While I do have to worry about my online reputation as others might, that’s a somewhat secondary concern in my business. Clients do not realize that if they complain in any way in writing (think email) that all communications are monitored by compliance, and I must report this to my management (hopefully well before they see it). Luckily, the worst I’ve had is a person complaining about me contacting them for something that was required by regulation. I still had to keep a record of it for 2 years.

Any more serious complaint will find its way not only to our compliance group, but also to the SEC, FINRA, or other regulatory agency. And online concerns? Well I want my BrokerCheck lookups to be 100.0% clean. After all that is satisfied I can worry about what clients may write on a blog.

But I digress. Having good processes, clear communications, and setting the standard before doing business can mitigate most unintentional fouls.

4 Likes

On a lighter note, I had a fantastic buying experience in getting some tiramisu:

Thoughts of its cost melted away with the first bite.

20 Likes

OK where’s my piece, that looks yummy LOL

2 Likes

Happy cake day @generic !

4 Likes

Tiramisu and light in one sentence :laughing: Happy Cake Day!

4 Likes

Impetuous dreamer!

This is all pretty mild stuff. Just spend some time on Audiogon threads & see how they shell each other w/verbal mortar-fire. Any thread will do, because pretty much the same cranky dissidents show up to flame & derail every thread.

This thread has me pondering my audio purchases. Honestly, I’ve done better in audio (buying both new & used items) than in the rest of life. And I’ve met some terrific people, tops among them being Zach & Bevin from ZMF (the best of the best) and Fried & Arthur from Violectric.

The worst thing that ever happened to me in headphone audio is pretty mild: the person who sold me his V281 gave me a “neutral” rating on Head-Fi (at the time you could select positive, negative, or neutral) for the transaction. Courtesy of the latest site redesign, this turned into a “negative” rating, the only one I have (that’s a real burr under my saddle). Here’s what the seller said about the transaction:

“Well this was one of the more fun sales I’ve had. Peter was great and I had a really good time on this sale.”

(baffling).

7 Likes

Some people don’t get the benefit of the doubt :joy::joy::joy::joy:. And I’m not talking about this situation

I would contact the retailer to correct the issue before posting. Mistakes happen, and as long as it was corrected at no expense (to the buyer), it works out in the long term.

In this case, the OP appears upset since he requested a certain feature, it was agreed upon, and had to double-check the sellers work to find out out it wasn’t as requested. That’s how I took it.

4 Likes

I’d like to add my very nice experience with Sennheiser (or is it tBfkaS now - the Brand formerly known as Sennheiser??):

After all those brilliant reviews of the IE300s, I pre-ordered them right away in mid-February. Their confirmation arrived promptly stating a delivery “in March 2021”. Normally that means 31st … So, I was genuinely surprised when they emailed the shipping confirmation on March 1st - and the IEs actually arrived a day later.

4 Likes