The Objective, Subjective & Dejected Thread

@cstalgis - As you can tell, I’m sure, I am not an Amir fan. Nor do I have a high opinion of the ASR site. Please don’t interpret this disdain as a personal dislike toward you. That’s not my intent.

Perhaps I take for granted that not everyone may have been paying attention when the big drama happened. If you’re curious, have a plethora of time to read, and want to know what some of us are basing our opinions from, enjoy these links.

Link 1 - Main thread
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4 - Rob Watts (Chord)

I especially like the link 2 response, as Amir had previously accused Jude of only using one connection type for his testing (balanced, which was a lie). Then it was pointed out that Amir only used RCA outs from the Yggy on some (but not all) of his tests, so he backpedals and says “Vast majority of audiophile use unbalanced/RCA interconnects. So that is what I focused on measuring. Re-measuring everything with balanced would have doubled the workload and my experience has been that interest in that interface (for good or bad) is at best lukewarm.” Atomicbob, Torq, and every other experienced measurement taker in the hobby always measures both, often revealing differences in performance as shown in link 3. This apparently is too much work for Amir. Or it is a blatant lie, which was proven in link 3 as well, where it was shown Amir intentionally left out the better performing balanced measurements.

Anyway… draw your own conclusions. I’m done with this topic. Probably shouldn’t have even posted this, but… well, I did.

~fin~

7 Likes