Tidal + Best Buy Deals

If you have a Best Buy account you can get Tidal at a discounted price.

3 Months for $3 for any service including family plan to start.
Tidal Hifi 12 Months for $100 to $120
Tidal Premium 12 months for $70-80
Tidal Family for $120 or $180

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/movies-music/streaming-media-subscriptions/pcmcat1590505113231.c?id=pcmcat1590505113231&qp=brand_facet=Brand~TIDAL

9 Likes

Great deal - I jumped on it a few months ago (for 1 year HiFi plan).

Another awesome deal (will do it when my Tidal plan expires):
Deezer HiFi free for 3 months - Deezer HiFi | FLAC music and high quality music streaming

2 Likes

I wonder why there are so many deals. Perhaps it is because there are a number of competitors with very close offerings; it is difficult for them to differentiate on streaming levels - everyone seems to be offering a hi-fi or high resolution tier; they all have pretty similar catalogs - and they are becoming more similar by the week. Tidal is trying to differentiate with MQA and 360 Audio. It is not clear if those are winning strategies.

So, if a universal catalog of streaming music becomes a commodity, their main competitive strategy may be on price. Good news for music lovers!

This may force consolidation in the industry. Who will be the last companies standing?

We saw a similar evolution in satellite radio (Sirius Radio and XM Radio). Now we have one offering, SiriusXM.

3 Likes

Unfortunately can’t use on existing accounts.

Yea it wont work on existing active accounts unless you cancel. It worked on my expired account though.

How long were you expired? I was going to buy and let it expire in two weeks.

i had a tidal membership last year but didnt renew it last march.

So you can cancel and then add the pre-paid 12 month subscription?

Or I suppose I could just make a new email, I’m running out, I gave one to my daughter so she could be on the family plan.