What was one of the first concerts you attended!?

Thought this would be a fun topic to see everybody’s different first live shows!

I will start us off, mine was none other than the Grateful Dead at Autzen Stadium :stadium:packed over capacity 70,000 plus in Eugene, Oregon with easily another 20,000 outside!
:skull::zap::rose::stadium::musical_score::fire::evergreen_tree:

grateful dead GIF

Check out this fun thread about your first album purchase ever too!

3 Likes

The “Eagles” at the Rose Bowl, in Pasadena, California. I want to say early-mid 90’s.

6 Likes

So good!!! I love the Eagles, would have loved to see them live! @ValentineLuke

3 Likes

I have no idea, and would probably be embarrassed by what my parents took me to. Some of the first I paid for were:

• Replacements “Don’t Tell A Soul”
  • Godfathers “Birth, School, Work, Death”
  • Psychedelic Furs … album ???
4 Likes

Excellent!!

1 Like

You and I both got dragged along to some concerts in our childhood. Some good ones were Dave Brubeck, and Gilbert & Sullivan operas produced in college towns. Any number of orchestras.

By the time I got to late High School and College, I was volunteering at the Penn State Jazz Club to be stage crew and/or ushers at concerts, and stage/help/whatever at some of Penn State’s outdoor concerts.

First things I paid for? Maybe Frank Zappa in the Apostrophe tour. Or King Crimson Lark’s Tongue in Aspic. Jethro Tull - in the Aqualung/Thick as a Brick period. John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers on tour. Springsteen right after Wild, Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

If you really remember the order of all of that stuff, you probably weren’t enjoying the time enough.

5 Likes

Turned this mutha out at a Hammer concert as a kid haha. Though Janet World Tour back in '93 was probably my most fun because she held my hand while singing one track (Dude, I can’t remember much about that moment… other than her hand was sticky haha).

But I had a blast at Hammer dancing in the isles etc. (No parachute pants at that point yet)

7 Likes

Quoting myself from another thread – all you need to read is shown in the snippet:

2 Likes

Rush in Ridgefield WA mid 2000’s. Was an amazing show RIP Neil Peart… :pensive:

5 Likes

Can’t touch this!

3 Likes

Bryan Adams in a small concert hall in Prince George, BC. I was 15 at the time and the average audience age was about 40-80.

I went with my parents and it was a great time.

7 Likes

My oldest brother took me. It was a fun show.

It was a similar experience to what @taronlissimore described. Everyone else was much older than me.

Good times.

2 Likes

Clash of the Titans tour at Red Rocks, Denver CO. 1990 something.

If you’ve never heard a concert at Red Rocks, put it on your bucket list. I’ve seen Phil Collins, Tom Petty (about 8 times), and countless more there. The acoustics are amazing for an outdoor venue.

Lowlanders should bring an oxygen tank. The hike to 8.5K feet might kill you otherwise. Haha

12 Likes

So dope! Bucket listing that venue right now!

3 Likes

not sure… should have been Faith no more(Angel Dust) around 19years ago where I went out first time on my own

4 Likes

I’ve seen Fantomas perform at Amoeba in Hollywood.

Actually, I think there’s a YouTube video of the performance and you can see me in the front. :laughing:

Edited:

It was Tomahawk (Another Mike Patton project).

5 Likes

No way…how cool!! please send me a Link!!
PM is ok :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Big guy with the Misfits shirt, right, front row.

7 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Great!

2 Likes