What's in the box!

GORGEOUS.

@DarthPool was just telling me how much he liked the ZMFs today at lunch. hahaha

3 Likes

He should order a ziricote Verite! Only 30 will be made! Matches his Aeolus. Such a great wood choice sonically too.

As I understand it, Zack is giving people a $600 discount (ZOMG!!!) after two $300 markups are applied. Buy now and save money!

4 Likes

I could be wrong on that last part…

2 Likes

Your Ziricote Vérité is, without question, the prettiest headphone I’ve ever seen. @Anonimar’s picture of a Silkwood version was right up there, but yours take the cake.

I am literally sending that picture to Zach when I finish this post and asking if there is a set out of the remaining limited run that looks close to those, and if so I will buy them.

Super jealous!

2 Likes

Agreed, that is gorgeous.

The camphor burl limited Eikon/Atticus run that’s out right now is such a cool looking wood as well - I’ve never seen anything like it before.

4 Likes

Also … you should post that picture of the Vérité in this thread!

3 Likes

Temptations…nooooo!

I’ve emailed them…we shall see what comes of it…

4 Likes

No can do… That was just a quickie photo. They deserve a full glamour shot for that thread.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

'kin tease …

:wink:

3 Likes

LOL!

First time I’ve been accused of that!

2 Likes

“Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag”!!

2 Likes

Ooo beautiful. I’ll bet they sound terrific. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Well, @ProfFalkin’s pair were too much to resist … so I just ordered myself a set of the Vérité in Ziricote.

Will be a fun comparison with my existing Pheasantwood set.

4 Likes

Ha! I just ordered a pair blind, got impatient waiting on an email response :laughing: oof…well I just ran and jumped off the expensive headphone cliff…yeesh…I guess it was inevitable…

5 Likes

I think Zach gets slammed with emails nonstop. It’s about a 1 to 2 day wait for replies, I’ve found, but he personally replies to each.

Congrats you two on the new Verites! Or is the plural Veritii? Veriteses? Veritum? Akward.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, in a much lower division…

5 Likes

We just got a pair of Sundaras to the office as well. I haven’t heard Hifiman’s offerings below the $1k mark since the HE-400i 3 years ago so I am very interested to see how the Sundara performs. Immediately the build already looks sturdier.

Excited to see what you think of them!

3 Likes

These are the first Hifiman I have seen in the flesh. They do seem pretty sturdy, although the adjustment is a bit stiff (and the cable is pretty awful :wink: ). I haven’t had more than 30 mins with them yet but I look forwards to giving them a try over the next couple of weeks (they are on loan from Hifiman).

2 Likes

Nice! I like the older, weaker, headband style more and felt the new one is a little clampy and stiff as well. The Sundara is a great deal at the current prices (at least in the US). I found it a smoother HE560, and could go either way if I didn’t already have the HE560.

2 Likes

The Sundara looks like a subdued version of my silver, black, and orange HE-560 2nd Edition. The shape of the cups, the yokes, and the headband connectors are virtually identical. My HE-560 shipped with single-ended and balanced cables but they are really, really stiff. They hold a coil and never relax.

I spent a lot of time trying to loosen the HE-560 clamp at first, but then discovered the metal yokes are not spring treated. They bend out for adjustment with ease, and don’t feel flimsy in the process.

2 Likes