WITHDRAWN------WTB: Schitt Valhalla 2

Hi All,

Before I buy new just checking to see if anyone has a Valhalla 2 they want to part with. I am interested to try an OTL amp and this looks like an inexpensive way to do it. Feel free to message me, Thanks!

1 Like

Search hifishark.com

1 Like

Thanks for the link @Earmuffs. I did not know of that site. Nothing for sale now in the US, but I did see a bunch of really, really expensive cables from Nordost. Holly cow.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Just remember the Valhalla 2 is a very transparent amp. If that’s what you want go for it!

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I have read, and thanks for letting me know. No doubt some folks buy it expecting an old school tube sound. I have been on the fence between this and a Lyr 3 but looking for a solid inexpensive contrast to the Class A Asgard 2 (which I love) so decided to go OTL rather than hybrid. I know the Lyr 3 is also much loved and it is only $150 difference, but I think the Valhalla will rock with my 300 ohm headphones. Thanks again for warning me!

2 Likes

There were several on ebay recently but all sold and none there now. If you do buy new and don’t really like it you can send it back / if you like it you have a 5 year warranty. I love mine and it works great with my 600, 80 and 32 ohm headphones. I’ve rolled a couple of dozen tubes and if you have any questions PM me.

1 Like

Hi @Regaet, thanks for the info. If I do not see a really good deal I will buy one new, I have worked with Schitt before and their service is great. And a warranty is nice. I have a batch of good 6SN7s that I am going to adapt into this in the 6N1P stage. Of course these tubes fit straight into the Lyr 3, but I just have a feeling I’ll have more fun with the Valhalla 2. We’ll see!

Did you end up finding one? They sell for a great price on their own website too

No, not yet. I am going to just get one new I think if I do not get tempted by something else. $350 on their site with warranty is hard to beat

1 Like

I have a ampsandsound kenzie im selling but is a tad more expensive but definitely worth it. Look into that amp and let me know if you are interested

Hi Earmuffs, I saw that some days ago and it is a killer deal for sure, but I am not liquid enough right now for that price range. But as a ZMF user (exclusively) I know it would be a match made in heaven. Times don’t allow it though…If I can’t sleep over it, I’ll DM you about it. Thanks.

Well if you change your mind i will discount it down and just realize you will have tubes for the next twenty years lol. This will be a tube amp you could live with for the rest of ypur life. I just have too many amps and need money