WTB AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon

Price: Depends on Condition
Currency: US Dollars
Ships to: USA–Arizona

Or the NightOwl, maybe?

1 Like

Yes, I’d consider the NightOwl too…but only the NightOwl Carbon.

I still have the NightHawk Carbon but haven’t been itching to sell it. I’ve kept it around for its extreme comfort, and my wife uses too. But anything could be sold for the right price.

1 Like

Let me know if you ever want to sell it.

In the meantime, if you are still using the stock cable and want to improve the NightHawk’s sound quality by about 20%, consider the compatible Oppo PM1 OCC cable. It adds a lot of clarity and a bit of punch and soundstage. The cable is $107 delivered and available through Oppo. I use it on both my NightHawk and NightOwl Carbons and like the improvement.

As I said, everything has a price. PM me an offer.

sorry for this very late reply. I typed it but evidently, didn’t send it. It was still in the reply box -waiting.

Yes, it’s the Carbon. I’ve been lazy and haven’t got around to posting it for sale.

Hello, I’m interested in buying the Nighthawk or Nightowl. I’m new to Audio but I have the Meze 99 classics and heard these are similar. Thanks in advance for any advice/help. :blush:

1 Like

Welcome Converge.

I have both the NightHawk and NightOwl Carbons, and recently bought the Drop Meze 99 Classic Noir. Personally, I think it’s really a stretch to say they’re similar. But if you like the Meze you’ll probably love the AudioQuests. In my opinion they’re an order of magnitude better–notably much more accurate, detailed and balanced, plus their sound has a lot more body/richness and they’re far more musical. They’re more comfortable too and never fatiguing. For perspective, I have 30++ headphones (about half of which are TOTL) and rank both the open and closed version of the NightHawk among my favorites. They’re a great value and, at any price, a great headphone. Combine them with a good aftermarket cable–like the $99 Oppo PM 1 cable–and you’ll have a wonderful, top notch listening experience. BTW, they don’t need much power, they’re amp-friendly and scale well.

I just bought the Meze from Drop and overall think they’re mediocre, so I’m going to return them.

4 Likes

30+ headphones??!!

Ladies and Gentlemen. This man is my God! :innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice:). I’m still on the hunt for Audioquest but I just ordered the Verum 1 to try out, as I’ve been intrigued by them for some time.

I have a nighthawk carbon in excellent condition for sale. PM me if interested, thanks :slight_smile: