ZMF Auteur Classic - Official Thread

Thank you @Audiophonic for starting the thread.

I’ve been able to listen to the AC for a week or so now and have really enjoyed it so far. I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised given how much I like the Atrium and it does have the same drivers. However, there are differences of course.

I’m getting a mid-forward presentation by these but it still manages to capture a good stage and presence. The low end is nice and smooth and the treble is not peaky at all to me. I’ve only been able to drive them off of my Jot2/Modius so far but am looking forward to a tube pairing soon.

The Auteur pads has been my most time spent, however, I do also have the Eikon suede. Not really a fan of that pairing as it seems to make them a bit shouty and actually give a bit more sharpness to the highs. I was surprised by that, but hey again it is to my ears.

1500 makes these in a very competetive range of other higher end HP’s. I’ll be curious to see how these do over time. I’ll have more finalized thoughts soon, but these do have that ZMF magic in them as well.

8 Likes