ZMF Headphones - Official Thread

I recently reviewed the ZMF Classic on my YouTube channel. Here is a link to the review:

I absolutely love the ZMF Classic, hands down the best closed back headphone I have heard.

5 Likes

Hey! I didnā€™t get a chance to welcome you I donā€™t think. Glad to see another youtuber on here! Iā€™ve enjoyed your reviews, keep it up!

1 Like

You need to try an Ori. (Or an Eikon.)

Seriously.

2 Likes

Thank you. Not to make this sappy but I also enjoy your reviews.

2 Likes

I would love to listen to another ZMF product but the bank and wife says not now. Maybe someone would be kind enough to loan one :thinking:

1 Like

[

ZMF Eikon In-Depth Review: Part 1 - Build & Comfort - YouTube

](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NAhhc7pacY)
10 Likes

This is amazing

4 Likes

Too heavy for me. Too many cookies.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s some funny stuff.

I only have one problem with ZMF headphones ā€¦ and thatā€™s once I start listening to them, very little else gets done for the rest of the day ā€¦

Canā€™t really complain about that!

8 Likes

I took today off work to listen, so I know exactly what you mean. Haha

4 Likes

This review sounds pretty funny. The voices seem oddly familiar.

Today Iā€™m wearing my Eikon with one earcup over my face & the other on the back of my headā€“so I canā€™t see a fucking thing.

Does anyone else have this problem?

3 Likes

Only when drunk.

I had a very disappointing package delivery, I for whatever reason assumed a package that was getting delivered today would be my Aeoulusā€¦it was not, the disappointment is realā€¦but my name showed up on the Verite Google docs tracking for ZMFā€¦so that is coolā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s worse than thinking today was Friday, then realizing if it is Friday then you missed that meeting with the CEO, then you freak right the F out, then you were reminded that itā€™s Thursdayā€¦

2 Likes

I also missed a meeting this morning, luckily I wasnā€™t heavily involved and was more of an observerā€¦but still lolā€¦ today has not been super funā€¦

1 Like

The world would be a better place if more people missed more meetings more frequently.

methinks we should meet to schedule a visioning meeting to flesh out our meeting reduction agenda, which we can socialize at the subsequent kick-off meeting

2 Likes

let me guessā€¦fedex?

1 Like

I posted the below on another forum last night while imbibingā€¦ Iā€™m sorryā€¦ you guys and gals are still my first love :wink: lol but I figured everyone here who doesnā€™t frequent the other site, would appreciate my take on the Aeolus after 30-40hrs of listening and break-in. I cut off the first part of the post as it doesnā€™t make sense here :wink:

ā€¦something to know about meā€¦ I like good whiskeyā€¦and listening to headphones while imbibing. I find the synergy of whiskey, good music, and good audio gear to be sublime, and a way for me to wash away the stress of the day/week (depends on when I can get some time to imbibe along with listening). Ok enough backstoryā€¦Aeolusā€¦some nice acoustic streaming tracks from Qobuz studioā€¦ and currently the Cayin Ha-1a MKII (I recently developed some feedback but nothing noticeable with tracks going, Iā€™ll find the culprit sooner or later). Whiskey I started with 2 fingers of Jefferson Ocean 16 with a small rock, I am now on 2 fingers of WhistlePig Rye straight up. I prefer the Jefferson, mild, sweet-salty caramel. The WhistlePig has an almost swamp water taste to it (not in a gross way moreā€¦ well I guess no matter how you look at that statement that sounds gross :laughing: but more in the earthy minerally watery way) it doesnā€™t have the spice that most Rye has or any major sweetness, this could be due to having the Jefferson first and now the flavor profile of the WhistlePig is changed due to the sweetness of the Jeffersonā€¦ I digressā€¦ (stupid ADHD and booze, they never seem to work for quick impressions)

Aeolus, the star of tonights show, sitting at around 30-40hrs of break-in listening time, and even without full break-in, Iā€¦amā€¦addictedā€¦Fs to the yeah lol. Acoustic tracks and vocals really shine on these, even some classical, just wow, the presence Iā€™m feeling/getting from themā€¦close your eyes and float kind of good!

Fur Elise in A Minor, WoO 59: performed by Dubravka Tomsic

• This track is pianotastic! one of my all-time favorites, with the Aeolous I can hear the notes hang in the airā€¦they can blend together due to this but overall amazing

Devilā€™s Pie: performed by Dā€™Angelo (this album is mastered really well)

• all the cool intricacies happening, along with the very forward spoken word/singingā€¦and that bass track with the electronic circling/dripping wow. The track isnā€™t wide and feels very intimate. But imaging is excellent for me, at this stage

Terracentric: Performed by Rodrigo Y Gabriela

• This track slams! I dare you to try and not nod your head along lol. The details Iā€™m pulling with the Aeolus, string vibrations, palm thumps, fingers sliding on stringsā€¦Yes, please!

King(acoustic): by Slenderbodies

• take the Dā€™Angelo singing, and add the Rodrigo Y Gabriela light touch acoustics and bam! the whispered singing, all the backup instruments in the background, and the sliding of the strings. I really can get used to this, the Aeolus just presents very wellā€¦and slams when it needs to.

Trollabundin: by Eivor

• Wow, I have listened to this track an epic butt ton on my other headphonesā€¦I think this is my favorite so far, the echoes of the singer, the presence F meā€¦this is good! So much going on, and I pick up a lot of it in new ways (this is why I love having different headphones, so many cool things happen when you listen with different chains).

Grandpaā€™s Groove: by Parov Stelar

• This group is EDM/Swing/Bigband swingtastic! just fun to listen toā€¦ I sometimes turn off the volume to Cuphead and play Parov Stelar while trying to complete some boss fights. On the Aeolus just funā€¦un-abashed funā€¦ I have a big grin going

Waiting in Vain: performed by Halie Loren

• Jazzy, smokey, sweet, rich, fall asleep with a smile on your face good. She just has a great voice, the band feels in the background with the Aeolusā€¦like it should with this track. The singer is in your ear singing to you.

Heartbeats (Live): Performed by The Knife

• the audience, and overall performance, the cool thing about this track on the Aeolus is that the instruments are more forward, I feel like Iā€™m sitting off center or ā€œstage leftā€ listeningā€¦that could just be the booze kicking in thoughā€¦

I could go onā€¦but Iā€™m getting sleepyā€¦I listened to more songs than the above but, I think Iā€™ve already walled off enoughā€¦ Iā€™ll end with a nice track that has recently been one of my favorites

Drive by Fires: Performed by Ayla Nereo

• I was trying to stick to Acoustic style tracks and vocal forward tracks. This track is a nice end to the night, ethereal especially with the background instruments, Violin, shakers, snares? hmm, lots going on hereā€¦and my brain is good and fuzzy so I think it is time to get some shut eye.

Hopefully, this was a fun read, and my stream of conscious of one of many short (too short) sessions with the Aeolus, wasnā€™t annoying, or too much. I really canā€™t get over how beautiful the Aeolus Ziricote is, Iā€™ve attached a couple of pictures of my nighttime pairing for this session.
Cheers everyone!

Edit: shrank the pictures down from ridic cellphone sizeā€¦no one wants to count the dust particles on my BHC :confounded: I need to dustā€¦

11 Likes

Tonight I only have a 30min window to drink some new whiskey and listen to the Aeolus. Iā€™m drinking High West Prairie bourbon, and Willets Pot Still Reserve bourbon =) Iā€™ve been on a bourbon kick lately=)
MacMini(latest model) ->Qobuz studio->RME ADI-2DAC->BHC ā€¦ sigh sinksintochair**sips bourbon, closeseyesfloats last good listening session for a week, Iā€™ll be in IEM ā€œhellā€ (lets be real the Andromeda will be just fine with my NiBL :wink: ) as I donā€™t feel like dragging my closed backs with me for this trip.

3 Likes

Suggest you drink old whisky and not new whiskey. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Or change it up a bit. The best Iā€™ve had below is Lot 76 XO Tradition. One day I will pull the trigger on Lot 53 (in the classics) or perhaps one of their other lines.
https://www.tesseroncognac.com/en/

2 Likes