Audeze LCD-X 2020 vs Monoprice M1570 SHOWDOWN

@hottyson do you still use your M1570? have you tried Oratory1990 settings for them?

Wondering if i should pick one up in this end of the year sale (Monoprice always have one) and do what you did with the Audeze Headband

I use the Monoprice M1570 much less now that the Hifiman HE6se V2 have become my favorite headphone of my collection. From my large selection of amplifiers, only my Schiit Jotunhiem (both gen 1 and 2), and RebelAmp could drive the Hifiman HE6se V2 to it’s upper most potential. Even the Singxer SA-1 and Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2 failed to impress with the Hifiman HE6se V2.

So, if one does not have an amp that pairs well with the Hifiman HE6se V2, then the M1570 would be a decent compromise. However, if one pairs the correct amp for it, I instead now recommend the Hifiman HE6se V2 as the $600 budget king over the $400 Monoprice M1570. It is well worth spending the $200 more on the Hifiman HE6se V2 instead of $200 on a headband upgrade.

1 Like

What pads do you have on your HE6se V2 friend? this is another one i have my eyes set on but they look so similar to the Sundara, and the Sundara are not really comfortable to me with Palli pads

My HE6se V2 have stock pads on them. Luckily for me, I have not had comfort problems with them nor with the Sundara…

1 Like