Audeze - Official Thread

I didn’t see an official brand thread for Audeze, so fanboy me created one. (if one exists and I’m too daft to find it, please merge/delete)

Audeze was founded in 2008 by Alexander Rosson and Sankar Thiagasamudram and is known for their planar dynamic headphones. According to their website "Audeze is a technology company at its core. " and from the storied “LCD” line to more recent iSine IEM and gaming headphones, Audeze has embraced applying new technology to headphones.

This is the place to discuss the Audeze brand and headphones in general.

6 Likes

I’m on my third pair of Audeze headphones. They and Focal are my favorites thus far. Just upgraded to a pair of LCD-4 in Maple wood.

2 Likes

Interesting… is Maple a new wood they’re doing them in or you got a special order?

1 Like

I have had several Audeze headphones. iSine 10, Sine, LCD2 and LCDi4. Very pleased with their performance. The LCD2 was a bit heavy for me, but the sound was spectacular. The company has carved out a respected place in the market, delivering great planar reproduction.

1 Like

They made a small batch of custom woods like maple and burl and sold them to certain dealers. I always wanted lcd-4 but didn’t like the ebony.

1 Like

Apparently I’m a fan of Audeze, also. I owned/then sold a beautiful pre-fazor LCD-3; and just sold a unicorn (original driver) LCD-2.1, one of the really early ones.

I had various reasons to sell, but I remain impressed by the way Audeze has nailed a certain planar sound that is found almost nowhere else.

1 Like
1 Like

Audeze has been on my list to buy, one of these days. After selling my Senn HD6XX
, I’m down to just one set of open back headphones, Shure SRH-1840, but they its bass light And ‘pleasant’ , and I’d like something that has the rich authoritative sound and deep bass that Audeze is known for. Also, I have one closed back planar, the Oppo PM3, which I love. I think the LCD-3 is what I’m after, or maybe LCD-MX4, not sure without a demo, which unfortunately I can’t do thanks to ‘rona. I did demo the LCD-X a while back, and I’d like something a bit tonally richer. LCD-4 is more than I’m prepared to spend.

2 Likes

The LCD3s are my favorite listening headphones. I can just sit back and listen to a wide variety of stuff for hours with them.

1 Like