Best Planar and Dynamic combo under $6000?

I’ll agree with this, I could certainly live with either of my TOTL headphones.
I do enjoy the ability to swap to the D8000K Pro, DNA pairing for a change of pace, but the bulk of my listening on my primary setup is on the Susvara/Woo (or Cavalli Liquid Gold).

But I’ll say again if you want the most out of the Susvara, you should be spending about the same used on an amp (and a DAC for that matter), it’s not the same headphone on a $1000 amp, or on some $3000 amps for that matter.

4 Likes

Upon reaching the pinnacle of one chain, one can then allocate resources toward building the pinnacle of another chain, which you appear to have.

It’s about building systems/chains, rather than making discrete selections in isolation – where the mismatches to which you refer aren’t ideal or the best deployment of funds.

5 Likes

Yes agreed synergy is an important part of higher end audio, and the Susvara specifically is one of the pickiest headphones I’ve owned.
The D8000 Pro on the other hand can sound good a a relatively wide variety of source gear, as long as you stay away from lower priced tube amps where it can be terrible. But you’ll still want to spend a significant portion of your budget on electronics even then.

4 Likes