Campfire Audio Atlas in-ear Headphones - Official Thread

Damn l, I wish I could review like you. It’s been a pleasure to read. The Atlas wouldn’t be my kind of sound. I am not a fan of bass heavy Iems even if it’s done very well.

4 Likes

Andrew. I’ll be buying these from you once you have them back in stock at your Canadian location. I have been speaking with Caleb and have a pair of I0’s that I bought from you in May of 2019 and would like to use them as a trade in credit towards the Atlas.
I just need something more grand and with thwarting bass. I’m really enjoying the IEM style. The IO’s are my first pair, but now I am simply ready for an upgrade and that is where you come in. :slight_smile:
Talk soon and great thread fellas !!

1 Like

Well, just got my Atlas’s today from Andrew and Taron.

Many many impressions to come, but so far I can’t take them out of my ears!! Their V-Shaped sound is so addictive and 2 major Hi-Fi guys who review so well ( Amos”Currawong” and Andrew”resolve reviews” ) are exactly right about these IEM’s. Amos said the Atlas’s aren’t the best with more modern recordings that are compressed. Absolutely true. Atlas’s show no mercy. Their tuning doesn’t allow it.
Andrew said the Atlas’s has “shit your pants coming off the bus” bass. Right he is!!! I listened to RUSH’s “The Weapon” off a MOFI edition of ‘Signals’ I have and I nearly cried. It was just so awesome.

Anyhow. Back to listening but man are these Atlas’s an absolute hit with me.
Some full-sized headphones don’t stand a chance against these!!!

4 Likes

Hi, could you please post a brief impression comparing the Atlas with the EE Legend X? I am a bit torn as to which one to get since I am looking for a guilty pleasure bassy IEM. I have the Andros and Solaris but this time, I’m seeking the “fun” over resolution really.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Legend X has better performance in my opinion. But also the bass shelf continues a bit farther into the frequency response (from memory). Treble is also considerably better on the Legend X, being both more well extended and more balanced. I like the Atlas but it’s closer to the Valkyrie’s sound rather than the Legend X. Also, seriously consider the Tia Trio for what is in my opinion the better overall version of the ‘fun’ sound.

5 Likes

Thanks so much. It was really helpful. Also, loved your video with DMS. Looking forward to more amazing stuff on your channel :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Still enjoying the “Fun sound” IEMs that the Atlas’s truly are!! Almost a month in with these guys. :slight_smile:
Did some experiments with the ear tips and at the beginning I quite liked the Spin fits (Lg) from final audio due to the bass being lifted quite a bit with more rolled off treble, but now I like the Foam tips. The midrange and soundstage is deeper while I do get more nuances on the overall soundstage. The fit is definitely better for me as well and that is extremely important.
Atlas’s are getting a 10/10 With me so far. I might even like them more than my LCD XC. :face_with_monocle:

A post was merged into an existing topic: General purchase advice: Ask your questions/for advice here!

https://aloaudio.deals/

Had to post this link for people. The Atlas is 699.99!!!

Only $600 on Drop

I wonder if it’s an end of life sale

1 Like

Yeah I know. That just came out. What a steal. Just goes to show you how competitive the IEM market is becoming. The choices and price performance is rapidly changing.

I think I’d be even more tempted by the Dorado 2020 at $1 less… But I don’t need any more IEMs now
Campfire Audio Dorado 2020 IEM | Audiophile | Headphones | Universal IEM Headphones | Drop

1 Like

I want the U4S to complement my Atlas. I like that it has the interchangeable modules. :slightly_smiling_face:

I did personally like the Atlas myself. It was a much more refined version of the Vega for my tastes. My biggest issue with it was simply that it was quite heavy and since it didn’t fit in a traditional IEM manner, I’d consistently have it lose its seal and fall out of my ears when walking around. Next to the Andromeda 2019 though, it was probably my next favourite in the CFA line-up for tuning although the original Solaris (wasn’t a huge fan of the revised one) was also up there.

2 Likes

The Dekoni Foam tips (large size) works very well. Of course your mileage may vary. I was very happy to buy this IEM from you and your brother 3 years ago. I still use it daily, especially for work travel/commute. Amazing IEM. Some of the best mid bass around.