Community Member YouTube Reviews and Impressions

second best part, was the top secret Sony VIP Area! you guys get your hands on all the hidden gems

2 Likes

yeahh some bavarian amp love finally!
the Violectric/Lakepeople(because of them living at the lake “Chiemsee” by the way) headquartes are around my neighboorhood and the Nimbus is a monster!

some stores in munich have the Violectric HPA V281 at the showrooms and I had some Audeze fun in the past with the amp.
Hope you get your hands on the Nimbus and can run a comparison with the SPL Phonitor Xe

2 Likes

I’m impressed by how many booths used the SPL Phonitor X/E as their demo unit. Says a lot about industry trust in that amp.

5 Likes

It’s certainly trusted by this community. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

@andrew did about a 4 hour interview with Herman, head of SPL a couple years ago that hasn’t been edited and released yet. But if it does see the light of day, it really drives home why so many people enjoy SPL. They don’t really invest a whole lot in sales or marketing, it just all goes into their products. It’s also why they had the issue of Amps blowing up when headphones were being removed / plugged in while with the volume on and in use as they didn’t want to make a design choice that sacrificed the quality at all.

I have heard now though that that they have fixed that issue on newer units.

5 Likes

@Resolve New Video. Interview with Zach Mehrbach, Founder & Owner, ZMF Headpones.

7 Likes

The HEADPHONE Show is live with @TylersEclectic @Resolve and ModHouse Audio

10 Likes

Another great livestream, @Resolve, and @TylersEclectic.

I just finished watching (I was unable to participate in the live chat today) and it was very informative.

I especially appreciated the question in regards to how different pad materials generally affect sound. Really interesting to learn how protein leather brings up a higher end of the range than Lambskin.

The special guest at the end was a nice treat. Adorable! :blush:

7 Likes

Greetings everybody!
I have been mostly following the “Ultra cheap IEM thread”, and even the few times that I have posted I was welcomed by the warm community. Overall I must say that I am very much enjoying the whole Chi-Fi world, and also admire some higher end products.

I have just uploaded my first video review up on youtube, however I also have a written review to go with it. The main reason/purpose of the written review is because I haven’t spoken English in a while and I cannot express myself that fluently, and thus sound artificial/staged (even though everything that I said was actually my honest opinion). I cannot post the full written review together with the video review because I am a new member (I cannot attact multiple pictures and links). But I thought I’d say hi, I’m Voja and go by the name of VojaAudio on youtube.
Overall it’s a pleasure to learn the beauty behind audio itself, and it’s all for one common passion: music. And of course quality of the sound itself.

7 Likes

New video @voja

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Thank you!
To be honest it’s always a pleasure to be a part if a good community.
I’ll work on making improvements for any future content.
I am aware that the audio in the video isn’t ideal, that’s because it was recorded on a smartphone. I will try to fix those things in the future

1 Like

@Resolve New Video

3 Likes

Great interview, Andrew @Resolve.

Sankar spoke in regards to their “reference sound” and how it’s based on a well treated room (which in my opinion is the way to go, but I’m an Audeze ‘fanboy’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), and that they still have their same reference speakers till this day 10 years later…

You didn’t follow up with what those speakers are. The need to know is killing me! :laughing:

Or the room! I’d like to think that has a bigger influence on their target curve than the reference speaker - mostly because that type of designation should generally be reserved for flat-measuring systems. That’s much easier to determine than ‘neutral’ for headphones haha.

1 Like

Absolutely, I just wish you would’ve asked. :smile:

Maybe this warrants a trip down here to SoCal to get to the bottom of this “Reference Room” thing… :thinking:

I’m sure @andrew and @taronlissimore would be willing to send you down here. I’ll even volunteer to be your ‘wingman’! :laughing:

3 Likes

@dbstechtalk New Video Review.

1 Like

@Resolve New Video interview with HEDD Audio CEO and Co-Founder Dr. Frederik Knop.

5 Likes

@Resolve New Review. Sennheiser HD660S

https://youtu.be/M32SulA10ws

4 Likes

This might be out of the trend but I finally have time to make video for my thoughts about Phantom.
Is it correct to use the preposition “for” here?

2 Likes

Sure. Just don’t dangle a participle, and it’s fine.

2 Likes