3 Likes

@Resolve New Review.

ZMF Pendant - Tube Headphone Amplifier - Official Thread

5 Likes

Going to watch this right now!

1 Like

I really want a tube amp! :laughing:

3 Likes

Haha I love my LYR3 hybrid so far!! One day I may get the Cayin from Taron and Andrew that @TylersEclectic has for my ZMF Aeolus and 6XX!

3 Likes

It is a beautiful if not extremely heavy amp Lolā€¦I swapped out all the stock tubes with Russian Tung-Sol tubesā€¦might do another tube swap here soonishā€¦

3 Likes

@dbstechtalk New Review.

4 Likes

@Resolve New Video. Interview with Hifiman Founder and CEO Dr. Fang.

7 Likes

@dbstechtalk New Review.

Closed back headphones

2 Likes

@Resolve New Video. CanJam NYC 2020

5 Likes

10:54 mark,
ā€œMetal 571
YouTube Sensationā€

Priceless ā€¦

@metal571, Really looking forward to your return! :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::+1:t4:

6 Likes

second best part, was the top secret Sony VIP Area! you guys get your hands on all the hidden gems

2 Likes

yeahh some bavarian amp love finally!
the Violectric/Lakepeople(because of them living at the lake ā€œChiemseeā€ by the way) headquartes are around my neighboorhood and the Nimbus is a monster!

some stores in munich have the Violectric HPA V281 at the showrooms and I had some Audeze fun in the past with the amp.
Hope you get your hands on the Nimbus and can run a comparison with the SPL Phonitor Xe

2 Likes

Iā€™m impressed by how many booths used the SPL Phonitor X/E as their demo unit. Says a lot about industry trust in that amp.

5 Likes

Itā€™s certainly trusted by this community. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

@andrew did about a 4 hour interview with Herman, head of SPL a couple years ago that hasnā€™t been edited and released yet. But if it does see the light of day, it really drives home why so many people enjoy SPL. They donā€™t really invest a whole lot in sales or marketing, it just all goes into their products. Itā€™s also why they had the issue of Amps blowing up when headphones were being removed / plugged in while with the volume on and in use as they didnā€™t want to make a design choice that sacrificed the quality at all.

I have heard now though that that they have fixed that issue on newer units.

5 Likes

@Resolve New Video. Interview with Zach Mehrbach, Founder & Owner, ZMF Headpones.

7 Likes

The HEADPHONE Show is live with @TylersEclectic @Resolve and ModHouse Audio

10 Likes

Another great livestream, @Resolve, and @TylersEclectic.

I just finished watching (I was unable to participate in the live chat today) and it was very informative.

I especially appreciated the question in regards to how different pad materials generally affect sound. Really interesting to learn how protein leather brings up a higher end of the range than Lambskin.

The special guest at the end was a nice treat. Adorable! :blush:

7 Likes

Greetings everybody!
I have been mostly following the ā€œUltra cheap IEM threadā€, and even the few times that I have posted I was welcomed by the warm community. Overall I must say that I am very much enjoying the whole Chi-Fi world, and also admire some higher end products.

I have just uploaded my first video review up on youtube, however I also have a written review to go with it. The main reason/purpose of the written review is because I havenā€™t spoken English in a while and I cannot express myself that fluently, and thus sound artificial/staged (even though everything that I said was actually my honest opinion). I cannot post the full written review together with the video review because I am a new member (I cannot attact multiple pictures and links). But I thought Iā€™d say hi, Iā€™m Voja and go by the name of VojaAudio on youtube.
Overall itā€™s a pleasure to learn the beauty behind audio itself, and itā€™s all for one common passion: music. And of course quality of the sound itself.

7 Likes