Community Member YouTube Reviews and Impressions

Here we go…

thank you for this great content @Monsterzero
didn’t want to fill this thread… there are many more!

14 Likes

Could you please @ the reviewer?

Thanks, brother!

3 Likes

Ok in this form?

2 Likes

Perfect.

I just wanted the readers/viewers to know whom the member on the forum that created the content is. It also notifies the reviewer that their content was posted.

Thanks again.

Edited.

2 Likes

Subscribed. I am looking forward to going through your videos.

3 Likes

Some of my early vids are quite cringe worthy. My brother now always asks how my gigantic feet are from my first video. :slight_smile: Ahhh,when I was young! LOL.

5 Likes

Your videos are great, man. Your Verite Closed review played a big part in convincing me to order one! Also your weird pronunciation of Aeolus as “Owluss” gets stuck in my head for hours.

4 Likes
4 Likes

New review by @Currawong

7 Likes

New review by @dbstechtalk

5 Likes

Wanted to add another one by @Max_Settings

As ifi xDSD user :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Man I love iFi, that IDSD Micro Black Label gets so much use now. It is so versatile and powerful compared to anything else I have tried with a battery.

3 Likes

and feels substantial build - had it a few times in my hand and once I listened to the Mr Speaker lineup out of it. It´s really good. Love the switches :slight_smile:
As I bought the xDSD, had not the cash for the bigger brother and wanted some Bluetooth connectivity I now rarely use. The moment I put the ifi out of it´s Peli 1020 microcase, it gets OTG wired in the office or connected to the lovely blue USB at home. For BT on the go, the ES 100 gets more use with IEMs.

would love a v2 xDSD with the new xBASS+ features the xCAN has - to push the “presence” region sometimes. Already thought stacking them up. Could get it for 260€ a few weeks back

5 Likes

Agreed, I loved the XDSD but I really never used the Bluetooth feature either, and it honestly got used more for desktop on the go or travel while seated, so for me the size increase for the additional power and dual burr brown chips was well worth it!

2 Likes
  • more weight … both are not important for me at all, as I carry a backpack everyday
    from home to the car to the office …

for now I have no hard to drive hf and am ok without the above named xCAN sound options

I would everybody recommend to listen to the Burr Browns
The moment I get a tube amp, I plan on driving it with the xDSD line-out as DAC…

I now think about the connections, I found a small problem
my solid state(THX AAA 789) has a passthru for RCA(ifi adapter from 3.5 to RCA)
and XLR(RME ADI2)

I need a way to connect both DACs to 1 RCA-in at the tube end

3 Likes

I have been thinking about doing this and getting the LYR 3 pairing it with my iFi also!

Part of me just wants to get the Bifrost 2 though to stack and call it a day lol!

2 Likes

the Bifrost 2 could be the real solution for you with the Lyr 3 - cause you have a good amount of gear with you as pro photographer … I know the packing and unpacking back- and shoulderbags … charging cameras, strobes and microphones … cards reading and other stuff like cleaning lenses

as addition to this you have to unpack and connect the ifi everytime

I have the 3.5 to RCA adapter always connected to the RCA-in at the THX AAA 789 and get the xDSD out of it´s Pelicase. connect it to the amp + otg or usb and am done. Don´t have to charge it at home, cause I do charges at the office.

it´s convenient to have a stationary stack, you simply can turn on and listen to music.

Since I have the RME ADI 2, things have changed.
with the SMSL-SU8, I prefered the ifi as DAC 90%

5 Likes

Yeah I agree, convenience and time saving is a big deal to me. You totally know the struggles of being a pro photographer when it comes to gear!

I love iFi with the Burr Brown implementation, I wonder how the Bifrost sounds in comparison?? I would hate to spend all that money on a Bifrost only to find that I am always hooking up the ifi IDSD Micro Black label as the DAC lol!!!

Since this is the youtube Reviewer thread has anyone seen a comparison on YouTube between the iFi Burr Brown Dual Chip vs a Bifrost 2? I tried searching youtube but didn’t find anything. I wonder if @Torq knows I believe he had both at one point.

2 Likes

as semi-amateur with some bookings for 3day weddings or so… here and there if I can handle it with 9-5 job
and in the 90’s as camera asisstent on many productions for commercials, TV, live sports, documentaries out in the wild, disney channel live, concerts, you name it…For over 7years
I set lights, did audio and was cutting…

think you check out the B2 for yourself and decide later
The Lyr3 is save though?

5 Likes

New video @Resolve

9 Likes