Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Dear all,

First time posting my setup. It is indeed much modest compare with the ones I see in this forum but I hope I can demonstrate what I’m seeking at this point with this hobby. Note I started this journey on November 2019.

If one word could summarize what I’m currently looking for it would be exploration. I mean, to notice whatever nuance I could not hear in the pre-hobby days. That’s motivating enough for me.

Goal:

Rotate the headphones while having fun. “Circus” below is assembled when I can afford for a few hours of pure listening. Typically it is just the 58X and/or 6XX as the daily drivers.

Setup:

FiiO K3 connected through USB:

• Google Play Music;
  • Volume is controlled in the keyboard;
  • 4 headphones playing simultaneously: leveling was calibrated with a white noise target of 85dB at 70% of Windows volume. Notice the decibel meter at the right.

Headphones from left to right and signal chain:

Misc:

• Boss computer in the top. Quarantining days turned my desk into a cubicle;
  • Due the reason above I brought Modi and Magni back home. They were in the office;
  • There are still some empty desk shelves which I’m carefully assessing what kind of gear will occupy those spots moving forward;
  • Due my OCD’ish nature I tend to keep things clean. This will pose a challenge to the hobby;
  • Pictures taken on a Friday night accompanied by a cold Vermonter Pilsen. :beers:

Cheers.

19 Likes