Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

This is the thread to show off your current set-up whether it be desktop, portable or otherwise.

Just throw up a picture and and what let us know the gear featured in the picture. No impressions needed!

3 Likes

This is my bedroom set up.

Sources:

• Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with Ortofan 2M Blue
  • Sony PS-LX510
    (both of these go through a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2)
  • Raspberry Pi 3 B with a HifiBerry Digi+ board that goes into a Schiit Modi Multibit (I have a USB for if I want to connect my laptop to the Modi as well)
  • Teac A-2300SD Reel to Reel

The sources are all connected to a Realistic Tape Control Center which sends the signal to:

• Schiit Valhalla 2 powering Senn HD600s
  • Antique Sound Lab aq-1003dt powering Hsu Research bookshelf speakers
  • Behringer UCA-202 connected to laptop
  • Teac A-2300SD (which has not really been used for this purpose other than to watch its VU meters).
12 Likes

Headroom Ultra Desktop Amp and Power Supply
Pure i-20 iPod Dock (connected via Toslink)
Denon AH-D7000

10 Likes

player: Asus netbook + foobar
DAC: Auralic Vega , MSB Analog
Amplifier: Auralic Taurus MKII , custom Halgorythme 300B (G&C NOS and EML Mesh tubes) , custom Halgorythme 2A3 (Visseaux and EML tube, dual UHiB C-Core silver wire opt, custom Khozmo 64 steps pot)
HPs: Focal Utopia, Hifiman HEKv2, Hifiman HE6, Hifiman HE500 (not in pics), Denon AH-D7200, Sony Z1R (sold)
cables: Wireworld (USB), DIY UPOCC 7n Silver (signal), Forza Audioworks (HPs), Furutech (power)

16 Likes

AKG K1000 + Bottlehead Paramours (ca. 2002) + Panasonic SL-S190.

(Was feeling a little nostalgic.)

14 Likes

Took this last night of my modest set up. Please be gentle, I know it’s a stack of Schiit :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

I took this a while ago but setup remains the same. Don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it.

20 Likes

I’ve sent my HD800’s off to a friend to get them painted and I’m getting my custom TH900 made, so this is all I have for now.

The LF is a loaner, but I had to take this picture because it’s such a weird assortment of gear.

15 Likes

Some nice rigs in here already! Definitely appreciating all the tubes … and especially the Bottlehead (local company) and Cavalli amps!

Here’s a couple quick/dirty shots of my “day job” office rig:

The setup comprises:

• Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2/USB Gen 5
  • Rega Planar 3 (2016) w/ upgrades
  • Schiit Mani Phono Pre-amp
  • Woo Audio WA5-LE Mk2 w/ parts upgrade package
  • Focal Elear

Yggdrasil is fed from the office workstation running TIDAL, through True-Fi.

The Planar 3 has a Groovetracer Reference Sub-platter and Record Weight, the Rega Reference (White) Belt, and the new NEO TT-PSU.

Various other headphones get dragged in here when I fancy something a bit different.

21 Likes

How things look in the midst of everything going on.

33 Likes

current set:
streamer, FM-receiver and CD/SACD player
AudioValve and Ergo Tube Amp
AMT / Float e-stat / Kennerton Odin (and others)

b r :wink:

5 Likes

Great Gear Maker . I’ve owned a couple of their amps . Beautiful sound if you love tubes. ( Which I do . )

2 Likes

This is my primary headphone rig … well, the bits that are ON the desk anyway. The custom streamer isn’t shown (hides under the desk until I finish the case for it):

Headphones, from left to right, you have Fostex TH900 Mk2 (Emerald), JPS Labs AB-1266 Phi, Audeze LCD-4, Sennheiser HD800S and HD660S, Sony MDR-Z1R and finally the Focal Utopia.

The DAC is a a Chord DAVE in it’s “Choral” series stand. The amps are dual Woo Audio WA234 MONO Mk2 mono-blocks.

You’ll have to excuse the funny little desktop speaker sneaking in on the side (Soundsticks III) … that’s just used for basic sound output/cues from the Mac Pro. And it’s very hard to see/photograph the color on the Fostex, but the Emerald Green is very pretty in person:

TH900-Mk2-Emerald

23 Likes

Oh my! I’m totally floored by the Woo Blocks . Jack just keeps getting better and better. Must be “awesome”
His quality and museum like art is astounding. Good Looking Desk . :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Damn dude you don’t own very much gear :wink:

3 Likes

Primary system
HP: HiFiMAN HE-6 (modded); WireWorld Silver Eclipse 7 cable; connected to speaker taps on both tube & solid state amps.

TT: Music Hall mmf-7.

Amps: Shindo Laboratory F2a Sinhonia monural amps; Sansui G-22000 Monster Receiver.

Speakers: KEF Coda 9

(Not shown: Shindo Lab pre; Mac mini music server; Wyred4sound Dac; Sony DVP-S9000ES; OTL amp; HD-650; other cabling & components)

11 Likes

Got some gear to the office today to play around with. New gear day is always my favourite day!

From Left to Right : AudioQuest NightOwl Carbons, Campfire Audio Cascade, MrSpeakers AEON Closed, Focal Elear, Audeze EL-8 Open

Good way to start the week!

10 Likes

That looks like a lot of fun!

If you have access to either Sonarworks Reference or True-Fi, make sure to give it a try with the Elear (and in particular in comparison to the Clear). Love to see if you find it as effective there as I do.

At some point I need to get my ears around the AEON Closed.

3 Likes

Holy moley! With gear like this, how do you get any work done?

3 Likes

Me thinks when you have gear like that you might not work. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes