Denon AH-D1200

Hi guys, I’m a “newbie” here. Looking for advice about the budget Denon D1200. Are they worth $99.0? I listen mostly to Gospel Quartet music driven bass guitar drums, lead guitars, keyboards. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. BUDGET: $100-$400

I like the Denon headphones but I’d maybe recommend surfing eBay or the used markets for a pair of AH-D5000 or even the AH-D5200’s.

1 Like

Thank you! Will do. I want to purchase the FOCAL CELESTE OR DENON 7200 but wife probably would put me out!

2 Likes

the other thing to consider with the AH-D5000 and the Fostex TH-X00 is that you could do a Lawton mod to them down the line to tweak them up a bit.

1 Like

OK! Didn’t think about that. Thanks so much bigshel99 for your help!

1 Like

Denon D2000 is a discontinued classic, especially if you like weighty bass it’s just lovely. Many cool Denons are made by Foster (parent company of Fostex) and feature biodynamic drivers that deliver great and hefty punch without usually going overboard in a Beats kinda way.

Here’s some cool Foster-made models to consider, with basically the same design:

• EMU Teak
  • Denon D2000/D5000/D7000
  • Fostex TR-X00 (with removable cable), TH-X00 (non-removable) - ebony and mahogany versions are most sought after, the purpleheart goes too hard in the bass dept imo

Most if not all mentioned should fit in your budget. Happy hunting!

3 Likes

Thank you Brother Zed_Bop! I will do some research on these and hopefully find some reviews and graph readings. Thanks so much!

1 Like

agree, the PH’s were a little too much… swapped the cups on those haha.

The E-mu Teaks are my favorite of the bunch and also probably the easiest one to get new nowadays.

3 Likes

I was watching some reviews on the E-MU’S! I love the look and the frequency response is to my liking. I think I am goin to get these! I’ll let know when they arrive. Thanks a lot! You have have been great help!

4 Likes