Drop + DCA Aeon X Open and Closed - Official Thread

The Elegia is $399 at Adorama at the moment. How do they compare ?? (Aeon closed vs Elegia) Would you choose Elegia over the Aeon?

1 Like

Aeon has noticeably better FR, but the Elegia has better dynamics, detail (microdynamics on the Aeons are a bit blunted, even though the initial leading edge is fast and tight with good separation), and soundstage, so it depends what you’re looking for. For me the Elegia was a headphone I EQ’d, so if you’re never going to EQ I’d say Aeon, but if you DO EQ then maybe it’s worth looking at the Elegia.

1 Like

Elegia = textbook closed cup air pressure fatigue.

2 Likes

Had the Aeon Flow 2 closed and the Elegia. I’d take the Elegia, even without eq.

1 Like

I chose the Elegia instead of the DCA Aeon Closed X, mainly because the Closed X was sold out at Drop and because the DCA’s need a powerful amp to drive them properly.

So far, so good. The Elegia’s sound just as @Resolve described them above. They’re a perfect, mids-forward, detailed compliment to my HiFiMan HE-400se. My HiFiMan’s are superb headphones for the money that punch far above their weight, but the Elegia’s are at a different level of refinement. Lovely so far, even without EQ.

2 Likes