Favorite Planar Magnetic Headphones under 2K

I’ve tried an LCD-3 but that was years ago, I’d be curious how the new ones sound.

1 Like

Good morning from Spain.
No doubt Dan Clark Audio Ether 2. They may be over 2,000, but with a good offer they may drop below 2,000 (I had it) … they are impressive. For comfort, for weight, for aesthetics, for materials and (of course) … for the fabulous sound.
Its frequency response is completely flat from 20 to 1000 Hz. The bass is very deep and clear, nothing rumbles, or smudges. The mediums are sweet and tremendously clear … very present and real. And they don’t have those pesky high-frecuency peaks of other high-end headphones, but they do have an impressive amount of detail. The music sounds “round” and the enjoyment is maximum. As I read in an accurate review on the web "with other headphones you spend all your time with the body rigid forward in the chair, tense … dissecting every detail of the music (like in a competition). With Ether 2 … you spend all your time reclined on the head of your favorite armchair, relaxed … enjoying your best music "
I think that’s what it’s all about … enjoy !!
I recommend them 100%
((Automatic translation by Google Translate))

4 Likes

My favorite sub $2000 planars are the Quad ERA-1 and the HE6se, while I feel the Quad is a gentle planar and the HE6 is somewhat aggressive, I really enjoy the way both of these headphones attack.

4 Likes

Easy, Drop DCA Aeon Closed. They are the only planars that I have owned or heard. I took a gamble because of the good price and after break in, they are my daily choice for most listening chores.
I would like to hear Sundara, Ananda, and Arya after entering the planar family.

3 Likes

I’ve got these in right now… they are definitely solid for the price & use case.

3 Likes

The DCA headphones really appeal to in terms of their portability, but I gotta say that I don’t care for their aesthetic. Looks too pseudo-futuristic for me.

I would love to hear how they sound though :joy:

I’ve had the Sundaras and they were great for the price. If that’s what I was looking to spend and wanted an open back, I’d only really consider the Senny 600 series or the Sundara.

2 Likes