Focal Arche - DAC/Amp - Official Thread

Hi AXR,

Are you feeding music to your arche with a computer and which software you are using to play?

Thanks.

Using a Lenovo laptop with Amazon HD and Hi-Res music purchased from HDtracks.com fed through a thumb drive.

Does anyone know how I can use my chromebook as music server with resolution greater than 44 khz? It works but thats the highest res it plays. If I have to update the Arche firmware then I wont bother and just use the laptop. The chromebook is just sitting around and wanted to put it to good use.

Maybe the AKM factory burning was the last blow for them…

Now, I do hope they will still try to fix that stupid USB issue! I experienced it for the first time yesterday, and it is indeed not fun!

2 Likes

Still available at Crutchfield, but I too wonder if Focal will release a firmware fix for the USB connection issues.

I know there’s been speculation but has anyone tried listening to Susvara through the Arche?

Ultimately I will get the Raal HSA-1b to drive a Susvara and SR1a but I was planning to use the Arche in the meantime.

1 Like

Not only USB connection fixes but settings for new Focal headphone models is now in question.

1 Like

Probably why it’s been discontinued. The trouble they have had with the only firmware update so far and all the new headphones having to update those also. Kind of pisses me off. Feel like focal gave up on this one. :flushed:

1 Like

Kind of pisses me off too. I was already considering an Arche but would not have bought it by now except that I wanted to take advantage of the 2020 voucher. I thought Focal was doing me a solid for brand loyalty but instead maybe they were just clearing inventory of a product they planned to disown. :confused:

3 Likes

Hello! I recently purchased the Arche and Clears. I cannot get the current firmware and updates installed, either. I contacted Focal Support and they said, “don’t worry about the firmware, drivers, update because it is really only for new headphones that come out.” Then, Support was able to get my Arche to work with my Clears. The Arche is connected coax to my Bluesound Node2i and then Toslink to my TV. The TV is connected to my 5.1 Surround Speakers. Support somehow was able to get my Arche and Clears to produce sound with only 48khz. Since that eventful moment a week ago, I had to disconnect everything in order to reconnect on a new media stand delivery I received, today. Now I have no sound with my Arche and Clears (same connection as before)! Can someone please Help?!? Thanks

Bought an Arche / Stellia combo recently. I am haven’t trouble with static shocks that disables the Arche, usually when touching cable or phones. I need to power-off and power back on to be operational again. It happens a lot! Other than eliminating my static sources (likely rubber Crocs slippers) what are options? Has this happened to others? Is it a possibly a defect somewhere along that chain? Assistance appreciated

1 Like

I bought the same combo. no issues. My floor is carpeted. Device is sitting on a wooden table connected to my laptop.

1 Like

I listen while laying on a bed. Once in a while when I reach over and touch the volume knob it will power cycle. I thought initially I was pushing the power button and turning the unit off but being careful touching the button since, it was not a push but the unit turning off by touch alone.

I have experienced that as well. Definitely static on my part. In order to turn unit off you need to push and hold so sounds like static for you as well. Thanks…nice to know I’m not alone.

I have the same issue. Super annoying!!

I’m not sure if you resolved this but have you tried some of the obvious things?

1. switch cables
  2. try different inputs/source
  3. try the same cables and inputs/source with another dac/amp

I haven’t had any issues with my Arche so I can only suggest basic troubleshooting. Good luck

Reconnected and resolved! Sound is otherworldly awesome :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome. What about resolution? Were you able to get greater than 48khz?

Yes … much more and beyond :slightly_smiling_face:

A local Australian Focal dealer chain had a snap sale on Focal bundles and I jumped on the Clear Professional + Arche bundle for AUD 2,499 (USD 1,942). It was just too tempting to pass on, especially as it was only AUD 300 more than just the price of the Clears that I had auditioned a few weeks earlier.

It’s only been a couple of hours but so far so good. The Arche is connected to my iMac with playback being done by Audirvana and it’s all sounding superb.

If there are no major hiccups forthcoming, I’ll be as happy as pig in s*** :star_struck:

5 Likes