FS: Bowers & Wilkins 803 Matrix S2 speakers (pair)

SOLD

Price:$1150
Currency:USD
Ships to:USA

Located in Eugene, Oregon.

Good Condition pair of floor standing speakers for sale. I bought these new off the showroom floor in 1995. I have always used them with my McIntosh amp with power guard.

Black Ash

2 6.5" codex bass drivers
1 6.5" kevlar mid driver
top mounted tweeters
dual vented
bi-wire/amp setup
floor spikes included

The variable high pass alignment filter is included in my sale. This filter is essential in my opinion. The bass is extended lower by a half octave. It completely changes the sound for the better. The unit can be plugged into a tape/processor loop or just in between the source and amp.
Here is a Ken Rockwell page about this filter:LINK

The cabinets and grills have some cosmetic scuffs and dings but the drivers are all fine and everything works as it should.

The tabs are broken off the bottom fronts of the tweeters so they will move about on the top of the speaker if it is bumped.

I have created a imgur page with many additional pictures with a lot of close ups. LINK

I have the original boxes but they are pretty deteriorated at this point and are not suitable for shipping/freight. They would survive a car road trip which I would be willing to undertake to help move these along. Local sale preferred. I am willing to ship. PM me to discuss.

1 Like

Good price, I have enjoyed my 703’s for years now.

Price lowered to 1200

Price lowered to 1150

Are these still available? Any chance you might also have the 805 Matrix bookshelves?

803’s are still available. I don’t have the 805’s.

Thanks for your response. I may be interested in the 803s, although I have a pair, but without the tweeters. I use them for stereo speakers with bookshelf speakers on the top, running through a Marantz receiver’s A&B channels. The bookshelves are supplying the highs. My concern is tweeter condition since they are so vulnerable to physical damage. What is the condition of yours? I live in Eugene and would be interested in checking them out. I am a vintage hifi enthusiast and have maintained my main system (Marantz 2270 & Panasonic Sl- 1100 turntable) since 1972.

I sent you pm with a few photos.

Speakers still available.