General purchase advice: Ask your questions/for advice here!

@garethofthedead Did you ever order anything?

The only closed headphone that I’ve tried in that price range is the Focal Elegia. (BTW, any links I provide are just to show you what I’m talking about, I’m not suggesting that’s the best price or that you should buy from Richer Sounds). The Elegia isn’t made any more, so you can normally pick it up for a good price. It was well respected by this forum (see this thread). I actually preferred (and bought) the Focal Celestee over the Elegia, because the Elegia didn’t have enough bass for my preferences, whereas the Celestee is a bit more well-rounded, but out of your price range. I may like more bass than you, so it may not be an issue for you. And the combination of the Elegia’s tuning and a very clear sound probably sounds great for TV and classical.

The AKG K371 that @NickZ is also well respected (see this thread) and much cheaper than many other recommended headphones.

Another closed back headphone within your budget is the Shure SRH1540 (see this thread). A friend has a pair of these and likes them a lot, but cautions that they have a lot of bass, so they are at the opposite end of the spectrum than the Elegia.

I haven’t heard the AKG or Shure, just giving you links to do your own research.

2 Likes