HEDD Audio HEDDphone - Official Thread

Hello :smile:

Tough question really. I think it’s hard to compare a headphone to a earphone. Both have their place and purposes. With regards to FiR I really don’t like their ethics. I’ve posted in my thread a few times to discourage people from buying them. I choose to boycott because they kept insisting in retuning their whole UIEM line over and over again without informing their customers. I feel that is simply malicious and misleading of the company and it does nothing but make your own dealers and customers lose brand loyalty/trust.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome @arijitroy2.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: Been a lurker here and these Hedd’s are sure interesting.

4 Likes

I corrected the power requirements for the HEDDphone that I posted here. The impedance was incorrect (I had it at 47 ohms instead of 42 ohms).

This only changes the relationship between voltage and current, not the actual amount of power required for any given SPL.

7 Likes

While I understand my V280 will run the HEDD to a sufficient volume level I just can’t keep myself from wondering if I should change the amp out to a Phonitor X or XE. Has anyone had a chance to compare the Violectric and the Phonitor directly with either the Verite Closed or the HEDDPhone? Are there any significant enough differences to warrant the change? I would have to buy the Phonitor to try it out and I hate to abuse return policies just for trials if I can avoid it. Thank you.

2 Likes

It wasn’t with the Vérité Closed, nor the HEDDphone, and it was the V281 not the V280, but I found the Phonior X to be more engaging, dynamic and resolving than the Violectric amplifier.

Which is why I bought a Phonitor X (still the best solid-state headphone amplifier I’ve heard) and not a V281 (or anything else) at the time.

Spend some time here, and you’ll qualify for the Community Preview Program, and there’s a Phonitor XE in the program you could have on loan to audition properly (for a couple of weeks) in your own system.

6 Likes

Truly interested in these. I’ve been debating purchasing these over the RAAL SR1a’s. I know I would have to use at least a 100w Amp with the RAAL’s but that’s fine. Currently using the OG HD800’s (about 6-years old now) and just recently (just today actually) upgraded my DAC/AMP to the newest RME ADI-2 (4493 Chip) and just purchased the Monoprice THX AAA 887 headphone amp, both will arrive before end of week. Any input or thoughts would be much appreciated in my coming decision.

Side note; I haven’t found suitable replacement (at least to my ears) for the HD800’s since purchased over 6+ years ago. For reference, I currently own HD660s at my office, I purchased the Focal Utopias a few years back but returned them after about a month of use as I could not justify the price to performance, especially when my HD800’s pretty much did most of what it did but better. I have/had many headphones in between those as well (mainly mid-fi stuff). But here I am, slightly excited at the thought of a possible “upgrade” to my HD800’s after many years of use. Any input on my decision would be greatly appreciated, I’am completely new to this forum.

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

Thanks, that would be great. I have a line on a XE with DAC (that I don’t need) for a really good price so I thought I would ask.

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything about the first batch of preorders? Have they even left Germany yet?

@eJamz since you are used to featherweight Sennheiser phones are you concerned at all about the 718 gram weight of the HEDDPhones? Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

The first batch of pre-orders have left Germany. If you were part of the initial group of pre-orders you should have received an e-mail update.

The HEDDphone will be in quite a few more hands very soon so there will be a lot more impressions out in the wild.

9 Likes

Weight is not an issue. I’ve owned (now sold) Audeze LCD-X and LCD2 (Fazor), and thank you for the welcome.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

If I missed some information on my order I apologize, but how do I tell what batch of pre-orders I’m in? I assume since I haven’t received the email I’m not in the first batch? I had thought I was, but I must be mistaken.

We’re excited about the HEDDphone too and understand that everyone’s anxious to get it in their hands. However, this community is about discussing headphone gear not logistics. To keep the thread focused on the HEDDphone please e-mail us at info@headphones.com or send myself or @andrew a direct message if you have questions related to your order.

The first batch has shipped from Germany and we also have our demo unit on the way to @TylersEclectic. I am looking forward to seeing what he thinks of the HEDDphone!

9 Likes

Do we have a challenger to the SR1A… I don’t know, but it will be fun to compare the two… even if apples to oranges… as they really are separate technology and ideas behind transferring sound to ones ear holes :wink:

But, I’ll give my opinion on it and if nothing else do my best to get some cool pictures of the two of them!!!

It might be delayed due to Snowpocalypse 2020 here in WA though…:sob:

9 Likes

Snowpocalypse? So, what you’re saying is you got more than an inch of snow? :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

:exploding_head: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:Exactly!!!

4 Likes

A perfect time for a pool party.

2 Likes

Like rain in L.A.

4 Likes